Home Forums Kit Talk Camp Swirlydoos Scrapbook Retreats 1 Week before Swirlydoos Camp 2013!!

This topic contains 77 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

and oh my GOSH I am sooooooooooo ready to GO!!!!!!  I can't wait to see you all and just VEG-OUT!

So the owner of the retreat location sent me this document, to share with you. Hope it's helpful! Please DISREGARD the section about checking in on Thursday. We're coming in on Wed. I've already informed her who wants massages and how long.

THE PAPER DOLL HOUSE is located at:

331 N. Main Street, IL 60178

The phone number is (815) 899-8903. Mapquest directions work. If you are coming off of I88
      and traveling north on Peace Road, stay on Peace till North Avenue (route 64) and then tu
      right, (east) to Main Street, Sycamore. The town is quite quaint and the intersection of North
      Avenue (they call it State Street in town) and Main Street is clearly the heart of the city with the
      Dekalb Courthouse on the northwest coer, the post office on the Southeast coer and the
      Library (red building) on the northeast coer. Make the left tu (north) on Main Street and
      we are the 6th property on the left. There is a big sign and a circular drive way so don’t panic if you miss the first tu.

Check in is after 2:00 p.m. on Thursdays or Fridays. Please bring a light sweater and slippers to
      wear in the house. (120 year old hardwood floors) We have blow dryers, lots of fluffy towels
      and toiletries to use. Linens and blankets are provided. Unless of course you have a favorite
      blanket or pillow; “He” is welcomed to come along. There are two kinds of pillows on each bed;
      feather and synthetic. If you have any dietary restrictions that you did not already notate on
      your registration form, be sure to email Marykim ([email protected]) at
      least one week before your event. We want this to be the very best scrapbook weekend for
      everyone and this is vital information to insure that your needs are met.
      If you would like a massage while you are staying at The Paper Doll House, Mandy is amazing,
      licensed and works in a massage dedicated room here at the PDH. A full hour is $70 and a half
      hour is $40. Traditionally she comes in after breakfast on Saturday. For larger groups that
      arrive on Thursdays, she can start on Friday nights and finish on Saturdays. Be sure to email
      Marykim so that can be scheduled for you.

Most weekends we have FULL Service Valet. If you would like, just pull up in the circular drive
      and come on in. A cute and enthusiastic College Man will bring all your things in, crafts in the
      creative center and oveight bag to your room, and then tuck your vehicle safely away till he
      retus on Sunday to help move you out. How’s that for service?!

We have 2 personal size Cricut Machines. Fonts are George, Stamped, Opposites Attract, All
      Mixed Up, Cursive 101, Printing 101 and Base Camp. We also have Quickutz, The Revolution,
      Sizzix, Computer, Wireless Printer and Wireless Inteet, all the decorative scissors, tons of
      punches, idea books, Karaoke, piano, DishNetWork TV, HBO, SHOW, library of sappy chick
      movies and books, firepit, etc. When in doubt, you can bring it and leave it in the car. See you
      soon!

Hope some of that is helpful for you!  I'm also trying to confirm with her whether she was able to book our Canoe trip. Will let you know as soon as I actually hear back from her

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I'm not packed. I have a thousand things to do before I go, but I am so f#^%(#* ready.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Yeah… still feels unreal so I'm not super motivated. I'm going to kick myself in the arse come next week.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

OMG I am so excited! But not packed yet…..Any recommendations on stuff to bring, girls? Other than my pages kits that I want to work on, basic supplies and the stuff Krissy told us to bring? And of course, clothes, etc.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Same boat as you guys…lollygagging along. Haha

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

What is wrong with us? Anyone take a temp?

Oh and I saw there is a piano…I love to play when I'm not scrapping motivated. Y'all might just be subjected.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Would love the hear you play. I use to play but haven't had a piano in about 30 years….

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I play a MEAN rendition of Chopsticks. And, by mean, I mean torturous.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

What is wrong with y'all. I AM PACKED! Chalk it up to my travel OCD. 🙂

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

What is wrong with y'all. I AM PACKED! Chalk it up to my travel OCD. 🙂

DITTO!!!!

Seriously ladies get your rears in gear!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I still have to craft, so I'll be waiting until I am done with those two things. (You want to see a Saturday video, don't you?) BUT, I have a pile of things to take already going. I need to get my suitcase out to see what I can actually fit in there.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I have stuff put aside. That's a start, right?
                        I'm as !amazed as the rest of you that Camp is almost here, it's just been a busy last couple of weeks.
                        Good thing that once I start, I'm actually a fairly fast packer.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Kim I'm still playing with my art stuff this week so I'll pack on Monday/Tuesday.

Andie I've always wanted to be a lounge singer–or at least dress like one–so I'll be happy to accompany Rae while she plays Chopsticks because that sounds more like my speed than an actual song. teehee

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Kim I'm still playing with my art stuff this week so I'll pack on Monday/Tuesday.

Andie I've always wanted to be a lounge singer–or at least dress like one–so I'll be happy to accompany Rae while she plays Chopsticks because that sounds more like my speed than an actual song. teehee

I guess I can join in with the howling/singing.

Snagg1
                              Send PM

Maybe we can be the dancing girls Kim!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.