Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 1/11/2016: Hoarding!

This topic contains 33 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    RAE
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

What are some things (papers, embellishments, etc.) that you are hoarding? Why?

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

I have this brown felt gate from Prima that I haven’t used. We got it in a kit YEARS ago!

I also have a lot of old Prima flowers I can’t bear to use.

I also have K&Co Blue Awning paper, as well as Prima Romantique, and I still have all the GLitz Design Vintage Blue collection.

What’s wrong with me?

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Omg! I have so much of the stuff you have named and more.

I have several lines of Maja, 7Dots and older Prima papers that I am hoarding. I do have to say, I try to use the Prima papers by doing their monthly challenge.

We won’t even get into flowers or embellishments. I have so many Prima resins it’s not funny.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Bec
          Bec
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I’m with you on the prima resins Kim. I have tons!!!! Especially the oval resin frames, (they are my absolute favourite). They are hard to find so I keep buying them when I do find them and then I can’t make myself use them, I have 3 or 4 unopened pkts at the moment.

I’m ok with papers, I always love the new designs more than old. So I tend to dump my old papers in a big box and let my daughter use them.

Kathi
            Kathi
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I love chipboard..I could open a store with what I have; and I keep buying more.

Kim and I tend to shave a hoarding tendency when it comes to flowers; i could scrap for at least 2 years without buying another flower.

take time to smell the roses

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

RAE
                RAE
                Swirly Moderator
                  Send PM

πŸ™‚ It’s true. I got rid of 4 priority mail boxes FULL of paper before I moved. I still have WAY more than I need.

Kathi
                  Kathi
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

<hr>

<span id=”quote-reply-435573″ style=”display: none;”>droopidog</span>Quote

Big, big DITTO!!!!!

take time to smell the roses

Angelica
                    Angelica
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I have tons of old Basic Grey and Prima. I’m with you Bec, I have tons of resin frames I can’t bring myself to use!

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

LOL, Kim, that should be the official Swirly cup!!!!

And Rae, that’s a great question.
                        Let’s see…
                        I’m another one who could (in theory) scrap for several years with what I have. But seriously, let’s divide it up.
                        1. Things with a plan – I just never found the time to get to these before the next kit arrived and it all went on my “someday” pile.
                        2. Things without a plan – I saw these, I just had to have them and now I cannot for the life of me remember why. I am seriously trying to use these now, a little at a time, until I can justify buying more.
                        3. Leftovers – bits and pieces left over from my kits. Again, I’m trying to use these up.
                        4. The stuff that I’ll admit to hoarding. I finally let go of my K&Co Blue Awning a while back and gave that away, but there are still papers that need to be used: some Glitz Love Games, Bo Bunny Gabrielle and Timepiece, Prima Fairy Flora… And I’ll confess to a certain Prima vine: I still own 2-1/2 packages and I have sworn to use 1/2 package every other year πŸ™‚

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Hmmm…I used to hoard flowers and papers and Prima vines and resins. But, a few years ago I decided to just use it! If I didn’t then it would just sit there until it was no longer something “in style” to use. And, I have a lot of that stuff because I just wanted to save that special thing for that special layout.

talkis
                          talkis
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

For me I think the MOST I put on my pages always gesso and ColourArte products. I love the products. And with the familly I love Prima Paper.

Kimberly
                            Kimberly
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I have tons of Dusty Attic chipboard, and I keep buying. I too have Bo Bunny Gabrielle that I have not used. I hoard Maja, Pion, and 13 arts papers. I also have Prima flowers and resins, as well as some older paper lines. I deserve that cup too.

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

LOL, Kimberly, time to grit your teeth and dig into that pile!!!
                                A lot of us are doing that this year, trying to incorporate a few bits in our projects. You’ve got to be brave and join in!!!! :0

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Angelica
                                Angelica
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

I’ve been pulling out older stuff to put on my projects. It makes me feel better about hoarding! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.