Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 1/18/2016: How organized are you?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    RAE
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

How organized is your scrap room/area? Does everything have a place, or do you have a little of this and that everywhere? Does your level of organization work for you?

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

I try to be organized. I WANT everything to have it’s own place so I’ll put it back where it belongs. I am about half way to being as organized as I want to be. I really need to take a scrappy break and focus on making my space awesome because I get easily frustrated when I have stuff that just sits somewhere for no good reason.

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Working on it! Pretty organized. Before a kit arrives the room is clean. As I start working thru a kit I start making a mess. Then I clean up again when the kit is done. I just bought a chest with various sized drawers to be more organized with fewer shelves. (My brother made me a bunch of floor to ceiling shelves so I have a place for everything.) I have a ScrapBox 2.0 on order so I can get rid of more of the shelves in my room. I feel overwhelmed by them now! Next on my purchase list is the Clearview desk.

RAE
          RAE
          Swirly Moderator
            Send PM

I’m probably going to get the EZ view desk too! They are unveiling the 2.0 version this week.

droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I’m finally getting there. I have finally gotten rid of enough stuff to almost have enough room for the stuff I kept, except flowers. Lol.

I love my EZ View desk. I was going to get the storage tower and they discontinued it. What I have now seems to be working.

I try to clean between each project making sure I put stuff back where it came from.

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Kathi
              Kathi
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I’m pretty organized; like Rae I get crazy when things are everywhere. I put things back in place when I’m finished with them. My sprays are on a slatboard shelf, my flowers are in jars by color everything else including paper is in drawers.

take time to smell the roses

lindapekrul
                lindapekrul
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Organization is what I’m working on this year. I’ve discovered I’m allergic to a lot of stuff and I’m going through my whole house… purging and cleaning. I’ve been laid up since Christmas with a bad asthma flare up… can’t go outside beside the cold air makes it worse… so it’s a good time to be doing a bunch of inside work.

When I get downstairs to my craft room, I’m going to be getting everything out of our beloved cardboard boxes and into plastic storage containers as I’ve discovered cardboard attracts dust like crazy… and dust is one of the worst things for me. It’s no wonder I haven’t felt good working down there. I always liked things out in the open and hanging here and there, but now I will be putting them away. I’m pretty excited to get started, but can’t do it right now while my lungs are inflamed… might have to be a spring project… when I can open the windows.

For now, I cleared out a cabinet in my dining area to store craft supplies, and I bought these two little carts, so that I can work at my table and then clear everything away when I need the table.

photo 002_zpswpcxutxs.jpg

And here’s my beautiful “All That Glitters” kit… ready to be played with!

photo 003_zpslzetkhap.jpg

talkis
                  talkis
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Oh wow it’s clean Linda wow wow wow mine is a lot of space but a lot of goodies lol. I know where my things are there but everywhere.

Angelica
                    Angelica
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I’m completely organized! I have everything either in drawers, totes, or a specific spot on shelves.

RAE
                      RAE
                      Swirly Moderator
                        Send PM

I keep ending up with half packages of stuff, but I’ve thrown the packages away, so the stuff has no where to go, so I have these little boxes/bins full of random stuff that I don’t want to part with, but there’s really nowhere for it go. I need to work on this.

msjan1
                        msjan1
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Yay, Linda! Get to playing!

Rae, any clue what the new desk is like?

msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Oh, glad I waited. The new desk sounds like it has some good improvements!

droopidog
                            droopidog
                            Swirly Admin
                              Send PM

Oh, glad I waited. The new desk sounds like it has some good improvements!

I want to see if that slide out shelf will fit on my desk. I have to have it.

Kim
                              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

RAE
                              RAE
                              Swirly Moderator
                                Send PM

These pictures are supposed to show the new model. http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/products/ez-view-desk

RAE
                                RAE
                                Swirly Moderator
                                  Send PM

As far as improvements/differences go, it looks like the shelf in the cabinet slides out. And the shelf in the middle, like a keyboard shelf. I think I will need it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.