Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 1/19/15 If you could design…

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

If you could design your own line of scrapbook paper what colors would you use? what type of graphics would you use? Would it be a clean and simple line? Tell me all about your scrapbook paper line.

Snagg1
        Send PM

I've been trying to get my hubs to do t his since he is a graphic designer and is an amazing artist! He just did a book cover for a gal and I can't wait to see it in print 🙂

My paper would have a combo of the rich tones of fall along with some of the neutral colors. Florals and cracked paint effect with swirls and flourishes tastefully placed. I'd also do a pastel line too, not baby pastel per say, but soft colors for spring. Something that has less patte so those who love mixed media aren't covering beautiful paper with pastes and paints.

One of these days I'll get him to whip something up for me ;)

I'd do some plain papers with distressed colors so everyone could use their stencils and sprays on them. There would be coordinating tags and die cuts to add where you want them, plus lots of lace and bling.

No clean and simple for me! Not my style at all.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

deep jewel tones!!!!!! Maroons, greens, blues – DEEP DEEP DEEP. And they must have Swirlydoos! (flourishes)

I often find the prints on papers TOO much, so I'd probably would do 1 sheet of paper with printed images and the rest of the paperline would be more subtile. I'd love to be able to stamp (resist) and use my stencils on a page, but the busy prints won't allow me that. So yeah, I'd do more simple backgrounds and my papers would be 2 sided too. The backside of my papers would have prints. gingham – plaid- dots – strips – flowers- lace – bookpaper – flourishes but all subtile and a little distressed. And 1 sheet with all kinds of borders and those borders would be 2sided also. One side in color/design and 1 side all lacy. Then beside the paperline I'd do some kind of extra pad with tickets – quotes – diecut frames – flourishes – alpha's, some printed and some plain, for fitting them after your own liking.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gee that's a good question. Since starting to try m ore mixed media stuff I find when I'm looking for papers I go more for the plain/shabby papers or papers with a faded type of print. I do like the deep colors but not with over bearing pattes. I'd also like to have flowers, tags, die cuts to go with the papers

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh gosh I can't answer this question!! If I were designing paper for myself it would be black, ivory and deep red. But designing for the general public is a different story as you have to appeal to the masses. I do know what I would not do, there would not be ANY paper at all that combined baby blue or any shade similar with baby pink or any similar shade. LOL LOL, I truely don't like those colors and have had to scrap with them way too many times. The most memorable time being a scrapbook for my niece of her wedding. Yeah, guess what her colors were, pink and blue. ick!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh gosh I can't answer this question!! If I were designing paper for myself it would be black, ivory and deep red. But designing for the general public is a different story as you have to appeal to the masses. I do know what I would not do, there would not be ANY paper at all that combined baby blue or any shade similar with baby pink or any similar shade. LOL LOL, I truely don't like those colors and have had to scrap with them way too many times. The most memorable time being a scrapbook for my niece of her wedding. Yeah, guess what her colors were, pink and blue. ick!!!

Hey, what's with the pink hate? LOL!!

So, what I would like is something totally different.

I do love woodgrain, so I would probably start with a more realistic wood grain patte using different colors and different pattes, then do like stone, grass, cement, water backgrounds, but really subtle.

I would also love to see some different themes, diamonds and jewels would be amazing. Dragons and knights and castles with distressed centers. Instead of clocks, birds, and butterflies, how about dragonflies, trellises, maybe some Roman architecture, columns, stuff like that….now my brain is flooded with paper I wish I had! LOL

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

[quote]

Hey, what's with the pink hate? LOL!!
                  [/quote]

Oh I don't hate pink, I don't hate blue either, I just hate them together. True I don't care for baby pink and baby blue, but I love a rosey pink or an ice pink without BLUE in it!! I like blue by itself, but it is a hard color for me to scrap with.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I often find the prints on papers TOO much, so I'd probably would do 1 sheet of paper with printed images and the rest of the paperline would be more subtile. I'd love to be able to stamp (resist) and use my stencils on a page, but the busy prints won't allow me that. So yeah, I'd do more simple backgrounds and my papers would be 2 sided too. The backside of my papers would have prints. gingham – plaid- dots – strips – flowers- lace – bookpaper – flourishes but all subtile and a little distressed. And 1 sheet with all kinds of borders and those borders would be 2sided also. One side in color/design and 1 side all lacy. Then beside the paperline I'd do some kind of extra pad with tickets – quotes – diecut frames – flourishes – alpha's, some printed and some plain, for fitting them after your own liking.

I would LOVE to see a line designed by you, Paulien!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

If I were to design a line, I would probably use blues, creams, and browns with simple, faded pattes like bricks, crackled spots, doilies, and ledger paper. One page would have cut out frames, for sure.

AWW, you are so sweet Rae! I can't stop thinking about this! Yes, die cut or cut out frames must be definitely in!

If I were to design a line of paper, it would be in earth tones, have faded designs, some of which would be flourishes. I would have to put some sunflowers and mums in muted, earthy colors on a few sheets of the papers. I love when there is a sheet with quotes on tags or ATC cards. They are so great for instant joualing, so I would include those. I also like the idea of some frames.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.