Home Forums Scrap Chat Contests 12 Days of Christmas Contest – Day 3

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Day 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas Contest is now posted on the blog!

Your Assignment: Make a Tealight Christmas Card in traditional Christmas colors (red & green) and include a doily (or lace) and a bird!

Here's mine for inspiration:
    christmascard_edited.jpg

I was not able to do a photo step by step due to our weather but I figured I'd give you a quick overview of how I made it.

I made a template for you for the card base. The solid lines are cuts and the dotted lines are folds:
    tealightcardtemplate.jpg
    EDITED: You start off with a 12×6 cardstock.

~I made my base with red cardstock and I added a white doily lace punch border to the cut out area where you will see the tealights. I adhered the 'box' part where the tealights go first and then folded the card inwards.

~I added 4 tealights and tied them with a red ribbon from my stash.

~I then trimmed a 3.5×6 patte paper, distressed it and added it over the card front. I fuzzy cut the bird's head and tucked in behind it a small white doily. I trimmed it down and added a distressed red patte paper circle with the sentiment to the front. I finished by adding a berry bunch right under the bird.

This card looks confusing if you have never made it before but it actually only took me 30 minutes to complete! Give it a try! Once you do it once you will want to make a few as they make great hostess Thank You cards or Christmas cards for your loved ones!

Here's a close up:
    christmascard03_edited.jpg

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Gorgeous, Amy! Thanks for the template!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Love this Amy. Question, you started with a 12×6 sheet of cardstock right?

I will answer for Amy – only because I have been working on this all moing – Yes a 12 x 6. I have to say I never heard of these before and this is why I LOVE this site. I am 51 years old and have been sewing/crafting since I was 5. My Mom taught me so much stuff and I know a lot, but apparently I thought I knew a lot I am leaing something new every single day. This tea light card is so amazing – a great little gift for the girls in my office. I am a happy girl today!!!!!!!!!!!!
        !amazed

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks Ginger. I can't wait to get home and get started on this one. It looks like so much fun. Like you said will make great gifts for the ladies in the office. Thank goodness there are only 4 in my office.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Here is mine!

Love this design Amy! You are right it looks hard but is very easy! Can't wait to give it away…

I used one sheet of paper, Kaisercraft Turtle Dove Collection, the inside is pretty too with the double sided paper. I punched the cover for the candles with MS punch and held them in with the tea dyed lace
            [img:width=600&height=542]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386094089_996_FT225477_candle_card_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Very pretty Barbara.

Thank you everyone! 🙂

Kim, sorry I didn't answer sooner but I was grocery shopping and just got back. Ginger is right (Thanks Ginger!) and you do start off with a 12×6. I should have included it in the template. Sorry about that!

Ginger, can't wait to see what you come up with! 🙂

Pala, LOVE how yours tued out! The MS punch looks amazing here and it lets you see the tea-lights inside!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

This is fabulous, Amy!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Barbara, this is gorgeous- I love the window for the candles!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thank you everyone! 🙂

Kim, sorry I didn't answer sooner but I was grocery shopping and just got back. Ginger is right (Thanks Ginger!) and you do start off with a 12×6. I should have included it in the template. Sorry about that!

Ginger, can't wait to see what you come up with! 🙂

Pala, LOVE how yours tued out! The MS punch looks amazing here and it lets you see the tea-lights inside!

Not a problem Amy. Hope you got some goodies at the store.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Here is mine!

Love this design Amy! You are right it looks hard but is very easy! Can't wait to give it away…

I used one sheet of paper, Kaisercraft Turtle Dove Collection, the inside is pretty too with the double sided paper. I punched the cover for the candles with MS punch and held them in with the tea dyed lace
                      [url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386094089_996_FT225477_candle_card.jpg][img:width=600&height=542]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386094089_996_FT225477_candle_card_.jpg[/img][/url]

This is beautiful, Barbara!!!!! I especially love the lace on top, it makes it all look so elegant!!!!

I have had so much fun. I have made two already – but this one has the red & green. I am still making some, there are 6 girls in my office and this is what I am giving them – that is two for the price for one, a gift and a card. I used Basic Gray paper, pearls from one of our kits, a doily from my dinner table that I stole from the other day (hehe – I took everyones that were clean), I also die cut another doily and die cut a bird and the flower is a prima – love those flowers (still have 3 more).

Ginger
                      [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386102639_2715_FT225477_dec_3_grid_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Amy, this is such a clever idea!!!!
                        When I saw the blog this moing, I thought that this would be so complicated, but like you said, it takes only 15 – 20 minutes from start to finish!!!

Here is mine sans candles, but I've made a background for them to sit on using some of last year's Kaisercraft paper. I cut up the edges of a square doily to trim the frame and used another small doily as the base for my wreath, which along with the sentiment and the bird came from the Turtle Dove Collectables. The finishing touch is a Petaloo poinsettia and berries branch, also from my Christmas stash.

Thanks, Amy; in a million years, I never would have come up with this one. Like Ginger and Kim, I plan to make a few more of these to give as gifts.

[img:width=573&height=590]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386103499_36_FT225477_20131203_twelve_days_3.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I have had so much fun. I have made two already – but this one has the red & green. I am still making some, there are 6 girls in my office and this is what I am giving them – that is two for the price for one, a gift and a card. I used Basic Gray paper, pearls from one of our kits, a doily from my dinner table that I stole from the other day (hehe – I took everyones that were clean), I also die cut another doily and die cut a bird and the flower is a prima – love those flowers (still have 3 more).

Ginger
                          [url url=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386102639_2715_FT225477_dec_3_grid.jpg][img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386102639_2715_FT225477_dec_3_grid_.jpg[/img][/url]

Love the pearls and swirlys and your so, so beautiful flower!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.