Home Forums Scrap Chat Contests 12 Days of Christmas Contest – Day 6 TUTORIAL & template

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone, I thought I'd do a little write up on how I created my triangle Giftbox

giftbox1mon_zpsf473e37f.jpg

I did create this box myself and made a template for you guys which I will post BELOW this post.
    Just click the link and it is ready to print. Make sure that the zoom setting on your printer is 100%. Anyway, here we go:

0MON_zps290c9a83.jpg
    You can print the template right on the BACKSIDE on the paper you'd like to use, and cut the silhouette.

1mon_zps6e594b5e.jpg
    Score all the lines, and make the slit. Add glue (I used glossy accents) to the, fold-in flaps.

2monk_zps1a904117.jpg
    Fold your box, and hold it in place for a few seconds.

3monk_zps86db3041.jpg
    Fold the top flap in the slit you made, to close your box.

5mon_zpsb5ea1fcb.jpg
    Tu it over, and start decorating.

6mon_zps7708c3af.jpg
    I selected my trims and embellies.

giftbox1mon_zpsf473e37f.jpg
    wrapped them around and secured everything with a drop of hot glue. Added my embellies and called it done! Here are some close up's:

close_zps7c9f0759.jpg

sidevieuw_zpsfd964381.jpg

And here's the template:

[file=/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386328030_77_FT0_triangle_box.pdf]triangle_box.pdf[/file]

gorgeous! I can see me making these and filling them up with candy and decorating the Christmas tree with them til Christmas day where I'd let everyone have one!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

So gorgeous!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is so pretty Paulien, I thought it was a banner when I saw it on the blog. I hope to join in on this one today!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Hi Paulien! Just wanted to let you know that although I didn't participate in the contest here I did love this project! I made 18 of them for friends. I left them the original size of the template and they are perfect size for hanging on the tree. I will give them tonight and wanted to make sure to say thank you! I will post a pic of the group when I get on my laptop.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Wow Patty, you beat me I only made eight!!! Aren't the cool!!!! Have fun giving them out tonight, can't wait to see the group photo!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Here's my pic–I didn't go over the top with decorating them because these aren't my good good friends–haha–that sounds really snarky–and both male and females. They looked so cool in a ring like that but I didn't like the hole in the middle so I put a fussy cut piece over it. TFL!

[img:width=500&height=371]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1387666978_2593_FT225827_photo_1_500x371.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

LOVELY!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Wow! Only you would have made a Mandela out of them…love it!

Here's my pic–I didn't go over the top with decorating them because these aren't my good good friends–haha–that sounds really snarky–and both male and females. They looked so cool in a ring like that but I didn't like the hole in the middle so I put a fussy cut piece over it. TFL!

[img:width=500&height=371]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1387666978_2593_FT225827_photo_1_500x371.jpg[/img]

Oh WOW Patty!!!!! WTG! They look awesome!!! I'm glad you enjoyed them to make. Thank YOU for sharing these with us!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh, Patty, these are marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Fantastic job on all of these, they look cool all in a circle like that!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Thanks very much I appreciate it!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.