Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 12/15/2014: Scrapbook Challenges

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What are your favorite kinds of challenges? What motivates you to join a challenge? On the flip side of that, what kind of challenges
      do you not like? We are going to change up some of the challenges a tiny bit starting in January, and this is your chance to tell us
      what you want and don't want to see! 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Good question Rae. Let me think on this one.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm……………
          And yes, that IS a good question.

Like, Kim, I think I need to ponder on this a bit…

I do like a CHALLENGE, something that makes me try something new.
          And despite all of my grumbling (ask Maggi about that!), I like being forced to work around a theme or a title.

A little structure really helps me.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I too like some structure. Really, for me it's just my stinkin mood. Am I really feeling sitting down and creating? Sometimes I'm just in a slump.

I have always like color and sketch challenges. They are fun.

Challenges help me as a place to start.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I'm wondering how many challenges should we have each month? Do you like having different challenges every month rather than a RR, a butterfly challenge ea month?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I LOVE a challenge, any kind of challenge…I have just been out of commission the past two months because I hurt my hand in a fall.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I have always like color and sketch challenges. They are fun.

Challenges help me as a place to start.

I like both of these as well.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm wondering how many challenges should we have each month? Do you like having different challenges every month rather than a RR, a butterfly challenge ea month?

I enjoy the layout RR. It's my favorite.

I also like the layout RR, sketches and color challanges.

I love the card and tag challenges.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I love the card and tag challenges.

Sue, we are going to rock the RR tag challenge…WooHoo…taking it to the edge…right Sue…Blowing the Swirly Girliys minds!

If it weren't for the challenges, I would never get any scrapping done! The challenges are what give me a lot of my inspiration! There are a few months when it seems like I can't get them all done, but I try to do at least some. I love the RR and Ang's All that Flutters challenge. I really enjoyed doing the color challenges we had a few years ago. I also love the sketch challenge! It is always a mojo starter! I never made cards until I joined the Card RR. Now I love making cards! I enjoy trying new techniques, although sometimes, I don't have the supplies that I need and no way to get them! LOL! Challenges that push me out of my comfort zone are the hardest, even though I know they are good for me! LOL!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Wanna know what my move FAVORITE challenge ever was? It was a challenge that took me right out of my comfort zone, made me THINK and made me WORK! It was a color challenge, but if wasn't just color, it was MONOCHROMATIC.  Monochromatic is hard for me. I had to pull ALL my tricks out of the bag to complete it. I like that. I LIKE looking at a challenge and thinking, CRAP, I CAN'T DO THIS then proving them all wrong. It's the rebel in me I suppose. *WINK*  Give me something TOUGH and let me shine!

Monochromatic challenge – use ALL WHITE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.