Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 12/17/12 Project 365?

This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Have any of you attempted to do Project 365? or some other daily photo/scrapping challenge? I REALLY want to try this year, but there are so many ways to do it, and I can't decide how to start. Do I go the instagram route? Or use my Canon? Should I do mini layouts, index card layouts, or ATC teeny ones? Or should I just photo a day, and joual on the back?

lol… so many ideas, so little time.

I have even contemplated starting up a version of this challenge here through Swirlydoos… would any of you want to play along with each other, encouraging and sharing the photos?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

heidi,

I'm afraid you lost me at instagram !!!!

I am looking at something like that called 2013 which has lots of different art teachers. Julie Balcher has several daily joualing projects and I think scrapping and photography could be combined together. She jouals at least 10 minutes a day and I thought with Dyan's dyes I could do background pages. Good luck look forward to seeing your great results. If you want the web sites send me a message and I will gget them for you.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I have a hard enough time trying to do one layout in a week!

Heidi, I LOVE the idea!!! I think it's important to capture the little things of our everyday lifes….probably more important than the special or celebratory times.

I agree with there being soooo many options which is why I haven't done this yet.

If you host a challenge; I would love to join it. Perhaps following someone else's lead by taking the how out of the equation will be the catalyst I need to actually get it done!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

heidi,

I'm afraid you lost me at instagram !!!!

lol! Instagram is an app that allows people to take quick photos, make quick edits, daily, and every month they list a photo a day to take. For instance, where you sit, what shoes you wore, your children leaving for school, etc. It is pretty cool… because their ideas are often ones I have not thought of.

I should probably ask if you all know what project 365 is, first, eh? It is a challenge to simply take one photo a day for a year. Many people don't even scrap these photos, they simply print them and insert them into an album… but there are a lot of creative versions of the project also.

I think it is such a wonderful idea to document every day of the year… and i think I take a photo every day, but I don't always organize them, print them, or something that would officially document the year, you know?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Heidi, I LOVE the idea!!! I think it's important to capture the little things of our everyday lifes….probably more important than the special or celebratory times.

If you host a challenge; I would love to join it. Perhaps following someone else's lead by taking the how out of the equation will be the catalyst I need to actually get it done!

I will confess, I RARELY scrap holidays or big events… never have, lol. Not sure why that is.

Hmmm… I will think on it then, maybe it can be an ongoing challenge, where I post inspiration for that week/month on documenting/sscrapping the photos we take for the project. Hmmm…..

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I like the idea. However, realistically for me this wouldn't work. Firstly, taking pics everyday, they would all look the same. In a household of 2 things can get pretty redundant during the week. Especially when we work opposite shifts and aren't home together 5 out of 7 days. Secondly, my normal day is about 16-17 hours long already. Trying to scrap everyday, i'd never get any sleep.

Now if it was project 52, where we did photos weekly i'd be more likely to participate. IMO, project 365 is more for those with a larger family (children).

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I did a 100-day art challenge awhile back and we did 3×5 size every day. I did mostly mixed-media–and the rule was you could do catch up but you couldn't work ahead. At the end of the challenge I used many of the pieces on cards. Some people made cool books. We posted ideally every day but there were times I posted several days at once. A daily challenge is really good to try new techniques or use up bits and bobs. I love using found objects so it was ideal for that too. It could also be done in a daily art joual or junk joual format–those are fun too. I'd participate in another one if you start one here.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I would love to do something like this. Taking a picture everyday seems pretty easy…especially if you have a house full of fun loving kids. Hmmm, might have to think about it!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Like the idea of project 52 – document the week. Daily is too much for me other than taking a pic.

I tried Project 365 in 2010. It is quite a commitment. My sister did it with me. She was better at keeping up with the picture taking than me. We are both still trying to get those albums done. I really love the idea but found it hard to put into practice.

I agree…the daily picture taking part would be easy enough to do….actually scrapping them might be tough, UNLESS you use a Project Life type of album or an index filing type storage that was already pre-made and all you needed to do was actually document about the picture, print it in 4 x 6 format then adhere it to the back of the photo then file….Hmmmm.

I do like the idea of project 52….a weekly documentation of our everyday lives and is probably much more practical to accomplish. Some could tu those photos into a couple of multi-photo lo's, some mini albums, whatever works for you.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I would love to do something like this. Taking a picture everyday seems pretty easy…especially if you have a house full of fun loving kids. Hmmm, might have to think about it!

What about those without a house full of loving kids? There are those of us who don't scrap kids. How could this work for some like that?

Nature, work, neighborhood would all work, but dang! I don't if I would remember.

I know some people would take a picture every day in the same spot, say, sunset or something, then put them together like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.