Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 12/8/2014- Best Scrappy Purchases?

This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What have you bought that you are so happy with? (I'm sure we've asked this before, but I know y'all are
      still buying stuff, so it's time for an update.)

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I LOVE my Heidi Swapp craft mat. I bought it at Michaels and it's soooooo much better than the Ranger mat.

I recently bought the Basic Grey Precision Mat with the magnets- it's small enough to pick up so I can put it out of reach of little Elijah fingers.

The Spellbinder die tool with the brush is awesome, especially for the Prima doily dies.

And, since moving, I have hung some IKEA shelves and bars for organizing, which is perfect for displaying all my punches and mists/media.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I LOVE my Heidi Swapp craft mat. I bought it at Michaels and it's soooooo much better than the Ranger mat.

I recently bought the Basic Grey Precision Mat with the magnets- it's small enough to pick up so I can put it out of reach of little Elijah fingers.

The Spellbinder die tool with the brush is awesome, especially for the Prima doily dies.

And, since moving, I have hung some IKEA shelves and bars for organizing, which is perfect for displaying all my punches and mists/media.

All of this except for the IKEA shelves and Bars. Thanks again for getting me that mat. I love it.

Let me see….

Tim Holtz scissors – my fav scissors to date
          Ingvild Bolme's Distressing tool – Can't live without it
          Distress inks – all colors – Use them ALWAYS
          And like Rae the Brush 'N Tool – really really handy!
          Oh and lately…. Magnolia Rose leaf die and then of course my Vagabond.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

You are welcome, Kim. 🙂

Paulien, you are right- the Timmy scissors are awesome. I have the long shears now, and they are awesome.

I also love the Ingvild Bolme distressing tool and that big scrap mat. Love that mat.

All the Distress inks in all the variations that they come.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I love love love my Heidi Swapp mat. Thanks for having that Rae at camp, you totally enabled me!!

I love my Vagabond so much and I love my Bow-it-ALL, thank you Kathi Seriously love my long blade Timmy scissors too, they are awesome.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

I love my Heartfelt Creations stamp and flower dies, Ingvild Bolme edgers. I bought a multipack of 9 at Expo 🙂 Got the Tim Holtz pine cone and butterfly with embossing folder die from there too.

I probably should get a good mat. The one I have was hubby's from a million years ago when he was in art school and it's pretty jacked up.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

hmmmmm….fav purchases….

actually my large xyron (8 wide) is so awesome for mini albums and helped with all my Christmas projects last year. I would never pay full price though. I got mine 50% off.

Ingvald distress tool and distress it all. LOVE THAT THING!!!

As much as I love my Timmy inks they suck with all of my acrylic stamps so I like my Prima Ingvald inks better.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it. I love love love my Fiskars ProCision Trimmer. Cuts like butter, even on light chipboard, never replace the blades. I keep buying other inks but always go back to my Chestnut Roan ColorBox Chalk Ink for edges.

You are welcome, Kim. 🙂

Paulien, you are right- the Timmy scissors are awesome. I have the long shears now, and they are awesome.

I do hear that those long shears are awesome to use, esp if you are left handed. Is that true? I don't see it being more handy than the TH scissors I have now.
                  A HS mat? I still have my old cutting mat from Hobby stunter, and It works fine. Although I probably would want a HS mat also if I tried it.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

My Vagabond and Basic Grey magnetic mat, can't do a layout without it. Still haven't gotten the HS mat it's on the wishlist.
                    The Spellbinders tool is awesome

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I am a leftie and have the long shears though I don't see why it would be better for a leftie vs a right handed person. I use mine mostly for cutting cardboard and love them for that reason. They are more versatile than the short shears.

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I am a leftie and have the long shears though I don't see why it would be better for a leftie vs a right handed person. I use mine mostly for cutting cardboard and love them for that reason. They are more versatile than the short shears.

Ahhhh, no wonder we share a love for cocks 🙂 I'm a lefty too! So is my hubby, and his brother and wife are too! Lol but only two of our kids are lefties out of all our children.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I am also left-handed- I am not sure about that. I just like longer scissors for most of my cutting. Besides, my regualr pair of Timmys are getting wo out, so the longer ones have replaced them. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.