Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff 12×12 dry embossing

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Anyone seen a contraption that can emboss a 12×12 sheet?  I haven't.  Pisses me off.  Sooooo, I let my DH look over my Cuttlebug and Vagabond and told him what I wanted.  He loves to tinker so I have no doubt he will get the job done for me.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wait!!?? Let me get this straight…your DH is gonna invent a 12 X 12 embosser?!??!? How freakin awesome is that!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
          Send PM

That's the plan. I can't believe there isn't anything on the market.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Xyron's Creatopia http://www.scrapbook.com/products/review.php?m=show&sku=xy-3403-36-00 has a few rollers that will emboss a 12×12 sheet, but I'm not as keen on it as I am on my Vagabond. If your hubby comes up with something for it, that would be really cool.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Have you used those before?

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I only have one set of the 12 embossing rollers, so haven't used it all that much, but the embossing does work really slick with the Creatopia. The trouble is finding the rollers to purchase. (And the cost.) There are a couple http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v=901&c=9&s=32 and they're priced the best I've seen. I didn't like my Creatopia for cutting with dies, but for everything else it's ok, you just need storage room for all the different components. Here's a video that shows how you use the 12 embosser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni33wfpsFYY .

A few years ago, Pink Cricut uploaded a video of embossing with the cricut (sans blade) and it was okay. The Creatopia looks cool, but the pieces are crazy and the expense as well! It would be a great thing to have instead of mostly A2.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow, that would be so cool Lisa if your DH came up with something like that – keep us updated!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Lisa, fingers crossed that he can come up with something!!!! I'm guessing that the problem (in unscientific terms) is getting enough pressure in the middle.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Lisa, fingers crossed that he can come up with something!!!! I'm guessing that the problem (in unscientific terms) is getting enough pressure in the middle.
                      Anyway I hope he solves this and you all can come out with something affordable; how awesome would that be??????

Snagg1
                        Send PM

soooooooooo awesome! 🙂

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Did I sorta post twice? I seem to be doing that a lot tonight. Sorry.

And still soooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!

Lisa the Sizzix Big Shot Pro embosses 12 x 14
                          http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/416311.html?cmp=froogle&kw=416311

I might need to get one myself! ;)

Snagg1
                            Send PM

You Rock Lisa! Thank you sooooo much. It is spendy. But, there is a payment plan.

DAMN, out of stock…….

The Heartfelt Creations owners have one and they used it to demonstrate the gatefold die. That was when I first discovered there was a 12 inch manual die cutter. I want one too but it's not in the budget at the moment. Be sure to shop it. You might find it cheaper somewhere else! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.