Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 1/4/16: Your Top 5 from 2015

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    RAE
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

It’s very popular for people to do a yearly blog post about their favorite projects they made in the last year. I also like to go through my year and pick out my favorite layouts. I love the ones that I feel I put an extra amount of work in and helped my creativity grow. And there are some that are special that I just love because of the picture.

So, the question is, what are your top 5 favorite projects you made in 2015, and why? If you are one of those who have already blogged about it, just share the link with us. πŸ™‚

RAE
      RAE
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

Here are my top five, in no particular order:

I LOVE this picture! This is Owen’s best therapist EVER, Miss Courtney. She is such an amazing person and is responsible for helping us to get Owen to use his communication device. The Sunkissed kit had the perfect sentiment for how I feel about how she helped our family.

So, I have a difficult time NOT putting flowers on a boy page, and resolved that I wasn’t going to on this layout. I love how it came out. Sometimes I get so excited about embellishments that I forget the fun of really using paper to embellish a page. I cut out so many paper circles, and there really isn’t a lot of actual embellishments, but it still looks complete to me.

I made this layout when I was at a crop, and I made it in about 30 minutes following a Blue Fern sketch. I was so irritated that the white crackle paste I brought was dried up and opted to use black for the flourishes, but it wasn’t my first choice. However, it brings out the ribbon band on the hat, I feel like it’s that black stenciling that brings it all together.

I love beachy layouts, and this was a special picture from my summer cruise.

This is my favorite color scheme, and I just really like the design. πŸ™‚

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Great choices Rae. I’ll post mine when I get home.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Angelica
          Angelica
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Beautiful picks, Rae!

msjan1
            msjan1
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Love hearing the “why”, Rae. They are all gorgeous!

Bec
              Bec
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Wow Rae – all so beautiful!!!!

Here are my top 5

This one is because I loved these photos of Sophie and her friend cracking up in a photo booth
                null

This layout is the reason I’m on the Maja Design team, even though Sophie told me that this one had too much stuff on it πŸ™‚
                null

This one is a pic of my grandmother and great grandmother – I just love these vintage pics
                null

My fave layout from my first Swirlydoos Kit
                null

And this one just because πŸ™‚
                null

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Rae, Bec, these are gorgeous!!!!
                  And what a great idea: looking over a year’s worth of work and remembering what inspired us at the time!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Here are a few of mine:
                    The grands together a year ago. I like the background stenciling, the frames and flourishes and the how the colors came together.

Created for the July Round Robin, this photo shows my Grandmother and my Uncle Jack just before he was shipped overseas. The design and paper tearing that I lifted are wonderful; the twist gave me an opportunity to tell this bit of my family’s history.

It’s such a treat when my family can all get together and this was such a special day: the wedding of my nephew and my awesome now-niece. I kept this pretty simple, taking advantage of the elements of the June kit.

Sophia among the pumpkins. The October kit included an acrylic balloon and I dusted off my Silks to give this a pop of color.

This is probably my favorite layout from 2015. I love Sophia’s pose, I love how my chippie (based on Rae’s tutorial) came out, and I love the papers and embellies that I used.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Peggy Peggy.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

droopidog
                    droopidog
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Oh my Bec, what great choices. I think your last one is my favorite.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

droopidog
                      droopidog
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Great work Peggy. I love the one of your Uncle and I remember the story.

Kim

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

talkis
                        talkis
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

wow I love all top 5 TFS girls.

Angelica
                          Angelica
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Bec, I love love love your style! Beautiful top 5!

Peggy, I love your family photos! And your work beyond gorgeous!

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Beautiful pages, ladies!

Bec
                              Bec
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Amazing Peggy, I love them all but the last one is my favourite, it’s stunning!!!!

Angelica
                                Angelica
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

So, I’ve calculated I did 96 layouts for 2015!!!! crazy!!! I just need to go back and pick my top 5.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.