Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 1/5/15 Now that CHA sneaks are showing up….

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Now that we are starting to see the CHA sneak peeks, what do you think of the companies that are expanding their product base?

You know, like a certain company was know for doing great flowers and papers, but now are doing mixed medium basics.
      Or companies that did chipboard are now doing paper or other non-chippy type embellishments.

Do you think these companies are keeping up the quality/variety in the products that we have become accustom to from them or is it slipping because they are trying to do too much?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For me, there are 2 companies that stand out. One not so good, the other very good.

I think Prima has gone from doing a couple of this outstandingly to doing tons of thing mediocre.

I think BFS has done a great job transitioning from just chipboard to their paper lines.

I really think that doing too much waters down what you do best.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I think that Prima is expanding too much- they have their hand in everything now, and their paper quality is suffering. Besides Timeless Memories, it's all a bunch of recycled images or using the same colors. I do like the Bella Rouge. I will use whatever we get in a kit, but there's no way in hell I'm running out to buy any of those papers. I'll have to take a look at the embellishments though.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I usually love everything Prima but I do feel that their paper lines seem to be a redo of previous papers so maybe they are doing a bit to much.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I applaud BFS, their paper is 2nd to none, it is awesome. They do need to watch their designs and not get too much of that Websters look to them though.

Prima is declining in my eyes. Their mixed media stuff is way too expensive and alot of it can be bought for less, its just as good and I don't need the Prima label on it, ie glitter, seriously overpriced.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

The more stuff I see, the more I admire Tim Holtz. He stays true to himself, makes quality products, and keeps costs fairly reasonable.

I am starting to feel that G45 is just recycling the same old stuff. It's good stuff, but we've seen so much of it before. That doesn't mean I won't buy more of it.

The more stuff I see, the more I admire Tim Holtz. He stays true to himself, makes quality products, and keeps costs fairly reasonable.

I agree with this.

I love what BFS has done with their paper lines, and I hope they stick to just papers and those fab chippies.

Prima…. honestly, I was pretty much over them a year or so ago. I agree that they've tried too hard to dabble in too many things.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Ditto on the Prima. They truly were a fave of mind, but, oh boy here comes the Catty Gazette, they have really embraced the I ate to much and vomited on my page look. This just isn't for me. I know art is subjective, but where is the beauty? All the sprays and mediums, glitter, metals. Wow where are your gorg papers and flowers !shy

Blue Fe has transitioned seamlessly for sure. Their papers are just stunning, and stand up almost to well, they are THICK!!

True on Tim, that man does not try to reinvent himself, but just does what he does best and expands on it like with his fabric. I've always loved his stuff and his CHA peeks still make me happy even though I don't dabble with his goodies as much.

G45 will always be my obbsession. And they brought back OUST and An ABC Primer 🙂 If only they'd bring Oz and Alice I'd be in heaven. I just love em and their staples. I'm blind to any downs to them.

Funny you should mention G45's Oz and Alice. I'm hoarding those for all I'm worth! :P

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Prima has always been my fav in paper and flowers. But, I think Prima flowers are losing their luster.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Since I have gotten back into scrapping more, I have noticed that I am loving lesser-known foreign lines.

BFS papers look really nice, but I haven't seen them in person.

I like Prima still, but, less and less.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm in the middle…I never fault anyone for trying a little of this and a little of that, but too much will spread you too thin….BUT, if you can keep quality, I say go for it…..

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I am always going to love Prima, but I have not bought any of there sprays so I can't comment on them. I love G45, yes, all there paper lines are similar, I still want them. I agree BF papers are outstanding.

I think that Prima do all this other stuff because of loosing some interest and therefore money. Maybe they need, as a company, to somehow bring the money in. I don't think you resolve that by bringing out lots and lots of new emb/medium line but I can understand why. It just is that quality of their papers and flowers is suffering under it and that is so sad!

I think that a lot of manufacturers are doing this simply to bring money in. But in my opinion…. Do what you do best and stay true to your product.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I think that a lot of manufacturers are doing this simply to bring money in. But in my opinion…. Do what you do best and stay true to your product.

Paulien, you said it all right here. This is so true.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.