Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/11/2013 – Do you craft anything other than paper crafting?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Just curious what other crafty things you do? For me no… just paper (but I do like to bake). I would love to lea to knit/crochet.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I use to do counted cross stitch, but the eyes and hands wouldn't co-operate and a friend suggested scrapping

Lol… way too many! Crochet, cross stitch, sewing, quilting, jewelry making/beading, paper making, watercolor…

Snagg1
        Send PM

I do many things too–encaustic wax art, art joualing, beadweaving, painting (watercolor and acrylic), and I love altering books! I am a technique junkie haha

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I used to make macrame jewelry, but I haven't done that in years.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

LOL Vicky, if baking counts, I looove doing that too… Otherwise it's just paper for me! Actually I'm part of a crafting group where we meet once a week, everybody else is crocheting, embroidering, knitting, so it's easy for them to hold their projects in their laps… And I'm always frantically trying to come up with something halfway portable for the moing, since I can hardly go spray inks all over people's coffee tables! 🙂

Well, I used to make a lot of jewelry, but I don't anymore. Scrapping had totally taken over, i should probably sell my beads……then I could get gelatos or pan pastels! :p

Oh, and according to Kelly collecting shoes is also a hobby.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Manda, ROTF!!!!!!

I am a spaz. Seriously. I cannot knit or crochet well because I find it difficult to impossible to keep the tension even. I tried embroidery years ago and that was also a disaster.

I did sew my own clothes years ago and actually enjoyed it. Now, I live in jeans and T's, so that's out.

BUT I love scrapping and all the other stuff that I'm doing with altered projects and paints and glue, so I'm happy 🙂

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

now that Rae mentioned it I use to do macrame!

I think i have had a go at everything – macrame (that makes me old!), tapestry, knitting, sewing (til the kids wanted Name brands) rug making, cane work and then I met scrapbooking – no time for anything else anymore! I havent ventured into the Art Jouals or canvases til this challenge and am finding it very inspiring, freeing and loving it. I still do look after my huge garden – cant put weeds in the cupboard like the knitting!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I used to make macrame jewelry. I crochet flowers for my scrappy pages and…that's asbout it. Oh….DIY stuff like picture frames…and I like to decorate.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I use to macrame, crochet, sew my own cloths, making Christmas tree oaments, mostly angels, dried flower thingies, some jewelery making but now is just scrapping.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I like to make dolls, and all kinds of sewing… I also love beading Christmas oaments, and crocheting… We have some very crafty folks here!

Quilt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.