Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/17/2014: Swirly Kit Hoarding

This topic contains 55 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What, if any, Swirly kits are you hoarding? Do you still have complete main kits? How about project kits? EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I have one whole kit that I haven't even touched, and that's only because I was in the middle of moving: Midnight Waltz. It's the one with the fantastic Glitz paper Blue something or other. I never even made the project which was the Kaisercraft writing desk.

By the way, I blame Cheryl for this question- she always has things from past kits that she uses on her Round Robin projects, like this month- 7 Gypsies Gypsy paper? Get out!!!! I want more of that! :P

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I probably have about 5 main kits that I haven't even touched to make even a card.I also have a few kits that I only made one layout or card from it. I barely purchase the tech kit. I have most of them undone. The kit I'm hoarding is my extra patte paper pack of laced with grace. The reason is due to how I handle a different time period in my life. Now I'm trying not to let things interfere with my hobby.

Sadly, I hoard more than I use. I keep the 3 most current months kits whole and if it is older than 3 months, I break it down and put it away, sticking it in with my stash.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I don't think I have completely used up any of my kits. I have used all of them, but still have bits, pieces and parts from all of them. The closet I have come to using a complete kit is the Inspiration kit, it had the romance novel paper in it. I have 2 sheets left.

My name is Sue and I am a paperaholic. Some paper is just too pretty to use. I try to make at least one thing, usually a card, from each kit. I keep the kits together because everything coordinates. Soon it will be time for a bigger house.

I have one whole kit that I haven't even touched, and that's only because I was in the middle of moving: Midnight Waltz. It's the one with the fantastic Glitz paper Blue something or other. I never even made the project which was the Kaisercraft writing desk.

By the way, I blame Cheryl for this question- she always has things from past kits that she uses on her Round Robin projects, like this month- 7 Gypsies Gypsy paper? Get out!!!! I want more of that! :P

LOL, Rae! You don't know how hard it was for me to use up that piece of 7 Gypsies paper! I cut a square of it to save for later! I have at least 3 kits that I have barely touched and 1 kit that I haven't used at all! I don't think I have completely used up any of the kits, but a couple are close to being gone! It's fun to look through the older kits I have and see how I can use them with newer kits!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

OMG! Are we really doing this?

Ok so last year I added more storage and I had to break down most of my older kits in order to store them. I have barely touched the Bo Bunny Weekend Market from June 2012, the Midnight Waltz kit, Hello Beautiful,or the Wimzy kit and they are all still combined. I have only done one LO with each kit.

HOWEVER….

The Mystical Winter kit is still completely preserved and untouched! And it's one of my most favorite EVER. 2012 was a very hard year for me to scrap which is why I tried out for the DT in 2013…so that I would be forced to use my kits and to sit down and scrap. It has created some wonderful habits of joining in on more challenges and getting more projects done.

Oh and the ATC card tech kit…it totally untouched 🙁 Other than that…I didn't really purchase the tech kits because DANG…I wasn't even getting to my main kit.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

My tech kits are barely touch. That's because when I do get a chance to scrap, I want to dig into my gorgeous kits.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Oh..Midnight Waltz..I loved that kit!
                  I only have bits and pieces but still have Christmas paper from 2012-I ordered double because I loved it!Oh and I still have Kaisercraft Bonjour sheets..so pretty.I just take them out and think,no,not yet and put them back

I don't hoard whole kits, just the add-on! I refuse to touch those! LOL 🙂

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Hi–I'm Sue's paperholic evil twin!! LOL. I've never used up a whole entire kit but if you do all the challenges every month you will use a lot of it. I have done some of the project kits but I do still have some I haven't even started. When I get my kits I keep the current one intact but I disperse the others into my stash. Every so often I go through my stash and make a donation to a local day program for homeless women and their kids.

The only one I can say that I've truly used almost every single piece of (including the extra pp) was Shabby Chalet, which I used up on the pictures from my nieces' photoshoot. (yes, I still need to photograph and post) I set aside most of this month's kit to do my wedding photos, so it will sit until I'm ready to dig that pile of pictures out. I actually used up 3/4 of the Pion papers from that special order a year or so ago over the week end too. (yeah, I really need to take pictures but I'm going with the mojo while it's flowing!) Other than that, it kind of depends on the kit. I keep them intact for a couple months, then they get sorted into the stash…. unless I have a specific plan for it.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Nope, not hoarding any! I haven't done much with the Upon a Time kit because I just couldn't get with the program on that one. So, I broke it up right away. And I still have a lot of the Prima Firefly collection because I bought the pp add-on .. but then got busy with life. QT, I would kill for that paper pack of Laced with Grace! Loved that paper! And it was a gorgeous kit!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I have used up many kits. I usually I have a few things left over, but a few I have just devoured. There was the kit with the Prima Flights of Fancy papers that I have NONE left. I did buy more of the papers- NEVER going to use them! LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.