Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/19/2013 – Favourite paints and inks?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

There are solo many brands of paints and inks out there – what are your faves? I like chalk ink – Clearsnap brand. I am not a huge stamper so this is more for direct to paper or chipboard use. I love the soft effect. As for paints I think Tim Holtz takes the cake – I love his Distress Stains and crackle paints. BUT I do REALLY, REALLY love the versatility of the Silks paints and the fact that they are just the perfect amount of shimmer without being too sparkly for shabby chic projects. OK so those are my 3 faves – what are yours?

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I like chalk ink and distress ink- I use them both together, most of the time. I prefer the Prima chalk ink over the Clearsnap because I am very rough with them, and I have never had the pad fall off of the Prima ones, and that is not the case with Clearsnap.

Paints? I JUST use the Distress Paints for the first time last night, and I must have them ALL! The colors that I bought are so subtle and muted. I love how they are so fluid, yet cover. And, I love the Silks paints- they are so unique.

Chalk inks…both by Clearsnap and Tsukineko.
      Bright colors, dry quick and I use them ALOT.

Also Solvent ink (StazON) by Tsukineko. I do a bunch of mm work and this is goes quick, clean lines, dries almost immediately on ANY surface and can be worked over as well.

For paint, I'm a Golden girl. I love all my Golden paints and have most colors. That being said I'm really liking the Silks right now and have been using them a lot.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Hmmmmm, good question and my answer is it depends. I seem to go through phases when I reach for one thing and one thing only and then I go on to something else….

I love acrylic paints and I can go from the cheap stuff from M's to the Golden, all depending on the color and effect that I'm looking for.

I love chalks for the softness; I don't use them as often as I should, I guess…

I love the Silks that we've been getting as well as the Primary Elements. Actually I love them more because of the variety of hues that are possible depending on how I use them.

I'm still getting used to the Gelatos; I guess that they may never be my go-tos, though…

And you know what's funny? Except for edging, I haven't taken my Distress inks out in weeks.
        (Rae, hush about the paints, I own enough crap already.)

Not a very good answer, I'm afraid.

1. Distress Inks. I use them all the time. Almost every layout.

2. Silks. I need MORE MORE MORE of these in every color!!

3. Alcohol Inks. They give such a unique look. ANd they dry supa fast.

I love other inks too. I do use the new Prima fluid chalks quite a bit, but I don't even OWN any dry chalks.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I like the Distress ink pads which I use most of the time. I have chalks but don't use them that much.

I've just really started using mists and paints so not really sure what I'm doing. I seem to hear a lot of people using the Silks paints so I may try them out.

I think it would be cool if someone/DT could give a quick tutorial on how to use the different inks and paints for all of us newbies (me) to using them.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I use alot of Stazon and Distress Inkpads and then probably mists are my next go-to choice.

Paint: Claudine Hellmuth's Studio paints; the Adirondack paint dabbers; and possibly the new Distress Paint, although I need to play with the ones I just got before deciding. Upon further relection, I'd put Twinkling H2Os here too (LOVE those!) and gelatos. How many was I supposed to limit myself to??

Inks: Ranger Distress, Adirondack & Archival inks; Tsukineko Versamark, Memento, Versafine & Versamagic; and Stewart Superior Palette hybrid inks.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I like the Distress ink pads which I use most of the time. I have chalks but don't use them that much.

I've just really started using mists and paints so not really sure what I'm doing. I seem to hear a lot of people using the Silks paints so I may try them out.

I think it would be cool if someone/DT could give a quick tutorial on how to use the different inks and paints for all of us newbies (me) to using them.

Big ditto, especially the sik glazes!!!

Hmmm I guess I forgot to mention gelatos (for me they fall a cross between paint and ink due to their versatility wet or dry).

Distress inks are the ones I use the most.

Paint, I would have to say the Silks. I love their shimmer and gorgeous colors. I also use acrylic paints, but I'm not true to any particular brand. Whatever I can get wherever I am. I have some gelatos, but just haven't had time to play with them yet.

Paints – Liquitex…I have a pack of their 48 colors and I buy the big ones of the ones I use most.

Inks – TH distress of course :o), I use chestnut roan from clearsnap the most, but other than that I like the prima brand the best and have been collecting there colors.

Mists – Shimmerz! Love Love Love …And the shimmerz pearls..oh my word…my fav! I haven't used the silks yet but plan to !

other: Gelatos..I am now trying to get every color…I plan on asking for the 59 gift pack for my birthday :o). …I also use pan pastels, chalk, Have loads of pearl ex..,

I tend to grab whatever ink mist, paint, that matches what I'm working on and like I did yesterday. I mix them together ..

Yesterday I made this using Shimmerz Pearlz…Chalkboard mist, a gelato, and pan pastel :o)

[img:width=403&height=403]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361456601_524_FT199620_538200_602051029810239_1966551301_n.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

1. Distress Inks. I use them all the time. Almost every layout.

2. Silks. I need MORE MORE MORE of these in every color!!

3. Alcohol Inks. They give such a unique look. ANd they dry supa fast.

I love other inks too. I do use the new Prima fluid chalks quite a bit, but I don't even OWN any dry chalks.

I'd forgotten alcohol inks. I have, but for some reason, they've been pushed aside. Thanks for the reminder, Manda.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Barbara your chippie looks so pretty!

Paints – Liquitex…I have a pack of their 48 colors and I buy the big ones of the ones I use most.

Inks – TH distress of course :o), I use chestnut roan from clearsnap the most, but other than that I like the prima brand the best and have been collecting there colors.

Mists – Shimmerz! Love Love Love …And the shimmerz pearls..oh my word…my fav! I haven't used the silks yet but plan to !

other: Gelatos..I am now trying to get every color…I plan on asking for the 59 gift pack for my birthday :o). …I also use pan pastels, chalk, Have loads of pearl ex..,

I tend to grab whatever ink mist, paint, that matches what I'm working on and like I did yesterday. I mix them together ..

Yesterday I made this using Shimmerz Pearlz…Chalkboard mist, a gelato, and pan pastel :o)

[img:width=403&height=403]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1361456601_524_FT199620_538200_602051029810239_1966551301_n.jpg[/img]

Beautiful chippie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.