Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/2/2015 SQOTW Scrappy Accidents

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ever have a scrappy accident? Whether it's injuring yourself (or others :P) or making a spill.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have stabbed myself in the hand with my cutter bee scissors. I think I even bleed (spilled) on the project I was working on. I'm always carefule with my exacto knife, and keep forgetting that my scissors are just as sharp.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I've done the same thing…it really hurts too!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I cut my finger with my Timmy's trying to cut metal. Not sure HOW that happened, but it hurt! No stitches, just super glue, but I bet I could have used a couple!

I also stepped on a paper piercer. That sucked.

I have sliced my fingers more than once with my Cutterbees. Damn sharp demon scissors! LOL

Snagg1
              Send PM

Oh yes I sliced my finger with my exacto. So not fun and hurt like a bitch!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I've snipped the end of my fingers a few times with my scissors.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Oh, my, ladies!!! And I thought I was bad!!!!
                  So far, I haven't injured myself. However, I've seriously injured my craft mat, which is far, far worse.

I haven't had any accidents, but I have found glitter in some very unusual places.

Once, we were doing some dry embossing on paint chip samples. Without thinking, we set the heat gun on the plastic tray of the baby's high chair. The heat gun was so hot on the end that it left a big melted bu spot on the tray! Six grandkids later, still using the high chair with the tray, but it ain't pretty! LOL!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

One evening Aubrey and I were scrapping. Nate and I had to go somewhere and when we came back Aubrey was at her table and scrapping alone. We scrapped til bed time and she went upstairs. When it was time for bed she came crying into the livingroom saying that he hand hurt too much to sleep. She had 3rd degree bus on her thumb and fore finger of one of her hands! Of course it hurt…it was blistered to high heaven. How she didn't say something sooner I don't know. She adamantly denied touching my glue gun,which I had been using that night, but eventually she admitted to using it while we were gone and touching the tip. I was Livid and heart broken for my baby girl a at the same time.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Ouch is all I can say!!!!!

I haven't had any horrible accidents, the usual bus from the glue gun and spilled crap where it wasn't supposed to spill, globs on my photo of course right before finishing the LO etc.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Luckily I haven't had any accidents. I do have a story though!

Gosh, I want to say about 6 or 7 years ago a lady on SB.com….you know when sb.com was the place to be…shared some stitches on her inner thigh. Apparently she was about to drop her scissors and instead of letting them fall she clenched her thighs. Stabbed herself!!!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

Omg I forgot about the glue gun! A blob dripped on my finger and I pulled it along with skin !sad

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Oh yea I do the glue gun thing all the time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.