Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/23/2015 Clean and simple coming back?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I was loading some projects on SB.com and I noticed that most of the layouts that were featured are the clean and simple style. Do you think the clean and simple is making a comeback? Will it take over the distressed, overly gooped and tons of embellies?

I really hope not! :P

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I've seen a lot more of the clean and simple or project life style lately. I think there is a group that prefer that style. I also think that there is enough of us that prefer the distress, embellished goopy style.

I will forever be the latter. Lol!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

It is making a comeback, or at least over at sb.com. I read the forums over there sometimes, and there seems to be a general complaint from people about our style so I think they are banding together and actually commenting and voting on each others' layouts to get them featured. That's fine my me. I don't mind the style. It's not my thing, but then again, I'm not a mixed media extremist either. πŸ™‚

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I like both and like to play at all kinds of scrapbooking. I think CAS lends itself well to what scrapbooking started out to be, a way of keeping and documenting. A lot of what i do these days is simply creative fun, it has no redeeming quality other than making a photograph pretty. Once I'm done with it, I am done with it and could toss it in the trash after pulling all the embellies off for reuse, LOL. I haven't done much of that but soon I am going to have to because I have boxes and boxes and boxes of layouts hanging out all over the place.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I think itΒ΄s getting back with the PL… but as you have written I will keep glueing tons of embellismnets on mine ;).

Team : Distress/embellies definitely!!

A layout is not right without a flower or two…. πŸ™‚

It would also be very boring if we all liked or did the same! I have no problem with being the minority – if we are?!

Most of my scrapping for albums leans towards the CAS end of the spectrum. Some photos call out for more, and sometimes I just want to play with a page, but ultimately most of my pages are done to document. I joined Swirlydoos to expand my style and explore the more embellished, mixed media side of scrapping, and I do find it trickling onto more and more of my pages.

Team : Distress/embellies definitely!!

A layout is not right without a flower or two…. πŸ™‚

Or 20 πŸ™‚

I don't think I can do CAS – LOL

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

This is funny, because I just posted on my Introduce Yourself thread that my usual style is simpler, less busy, and certainly without as much layering.

But I still want PRETTY! Clean and simple doesn't have to mean all geometric shapes and plain colors. And the Swirlydoos kits are gorgeous!!!!!!!

I love to experiment and can't wait to try some of the things I've seen. I'm sure I'll be one of those people who will end up doing both.

One of the questions I have is where do you keep the pages that are so 3-D with all the flowers? You can't put them in a book with a page protector, can you?

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

My3D pages are in boxes stacked to the ceiling, I ran out of room to keep them in binders long ago. You can put some of them into D ring binders, but since I do more than 100 LOs a year, that is just not practical.

Peggy told me to cut about 1/8 off of the 12 x 12 page, and it will usually fit in a page protector. I didn't believe her, but it actually works. (Peggy knows what she's talking about)

I think it comes down to, do you want to make a photo album, or do you want to make art? I make travel albums that are pretty CAS, and even some pocket pages, but it sure is fun to get out all the goop and spray and play.

When it comes to documenting the memories I want to make an album, but it's also fun to dig stuff out and make a mess. My pages, even the art ones, still tend to be on the flatter end of the spectrum unless I intend to frame it in a shadowbox. I have about a dozen 12×12 shadowboxes hanging at home, and one in my office, and I change them out when I get inspired. Those pages are typically the ones that get the 3D embellishments and crazy amounts of flowers. ;)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I do more than 100 layouts a year and I still continue to put my layouts in D ring binders. I buy them when they are on sale. I have tons of them and they all have separate themes. I keep them on a bookcase. Yes, when guest come over they do look through them occasionally.

For me it's making art and documenting memories. 3D just happens to be my style.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.