Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/25/2013 – Let's talk molding paste

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

It's all the rage in scrapbooking so tell me what brand do you use and what's your favourite technique? Honestly, I only have tub of Martha's Texture Effects (rough texture kinda like stucco) that I've used on chipboard. Never tried it in a stencil but I am sure would work well with lots of thickness – especially for a brick mask. I only have the MS brand and would love to know how it compares to other brands.

My collection until last year consisted of several different jars of stencil paste from Dreamweaver, but since then I've added Golden bead gel, Golden coarse pumice gel, and MS white texture paint. I'm slowly acquiring by using those 40% off coupons @ Michaels!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
    (was I yelling, I was, well ok cause I LOVE IT!!!)

my favorite ways being
    as texture
    GoodlifeCB_zps9d41fd05.jpg

with stencils
    L6S19CB_zpsb426ae20.jpg

tagcb_zpsd7d53b96.jpg

Also, Stamping into it, using it to embed bits and pieces

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Beautiful work Christy!

I just started acquiring the different mediums since joining Swirlydoos last year. I've got gesso, Golden molding paste, Liquitex Iridescent medium, glass bead gel and white opaque flakes. With the Ultimate challenge it really got me into using the mediums more.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have Golden Molding paste, Glass Bead Gel, Fiber Paste, Gesso and Heavy Gel ( haven't use this one yet) Liquitex Light Modeling Paste and Glass Beads. Once I got over my fear of using stencils; using them with the molding paste has become my favorite .

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Beautiful Christy!!

Kathi, where do you get it all? Our HL only has texture paste, moldling paste and gesso….

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Manda I bounce between HL and M's. Neither is great and don't carry alot of stock but when I find it I grab it.

The heavy Gel I got at the scrapbook store where I took Finn's class

I like the golden and like to add the coarse texture gel. It gives it like a sandy texture. Limited here on products!! Nearest hobby store an hour away!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I picked up Galeria brand at HL a couple of years ago…heavy catchable modeling paste…and it's awesome!!!! I also found some liquitex gel med at M's and snatched it up after Finn's class last July. You can see the carb able stud on my Sacrifice canvas. I used it for the bricks and I uses matte medium (Galeria brand) to adhere the gauze. I used matte medium all over the fly canvas that was my USDC wk1 entry. That stuff is fan-feeakin-tastic for adhering fabric!!! I am just sayin'…

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I use stucco patch in place of modeling paste, i get it at home depot. its about 8 bucks for a HUGE tub of it, and its great! really gritty and not smooth. its my fave!

I use stucco patch in place of modeling paste, i get it at home depot. its about 8 bucks for a HUGE tub of it, and its great! really gritty and not smooth. its my fave!

I bet that's what MS is… just more expensive due to her branding, LOL

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Never thought of stucco patch…will be making a trip to HD

I have tried different molding pastes and my fav is the Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste. I like that I can use it on my jouals and when I bend the page it doesn't crack :o).
                Besides that ..I've been slowly adding to my stash.I now have Glass Beads, String Gel, Regular Gesso, Black Gesso, Clear Gesso, Iridescent Medium, and Matt Medium. (all are liquitex brands). I like the liquitex brands because they are a little less expensive and good quality.

I have tried different molding pastes and my fav is the Liquitex Flexible Modeling Paste. I like that I can use it on my jouals and when I bend the page it doesn't crack :o).
                Besides that ..I've been slowly adding to my stash.I now have Glass Beads, String Gel, Regular Gesso, Black Gesso, Clear Gesso, Iridescent Medium, and Matt Medium. (all are liquitex brands). I like the liquitex brands because they are a little less expensive and good quality.

Does anyone find that the light molding paste cracks? I know the heavier ones do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.