Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! 2nd Card tutorial using the January *Shabby Chalet* kit

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I created this card using the Shabby Chalet kit:

card_zps103e21c6.jpg

And here is how it came together.

0_zps7fb8647c.jpg
    For my first layer I cut a piece of PP at 5.2 x 8.1

1_zpsa9f1c0a0.jpg
    I layed a piece of tulle over my card, like this.

2_zps593626ef.jpg
    And cut it, holding it in place, and deciding how it should look, as I was cutting along.

3_zpsbd672445.jpg
    It came out like this. The left over pieces on the right………

4_zps2e581bb2.jpg
    I cut that piece in half and…..

5_zps014c9947.jpg
    started to ruffle it up

6_zps22c623dc.jpg
    Then I wrapped a wire around it, and afterwards I clipped off the ends.

7_zpsae6921a9.jpg
    I cut a strip of PP at 1.5 x 6.5

8_zpsc926e30b.jpg
    spritzed both front and backside with water and let it sit for a moment.

9_zpsc14f9849.jpg
    Then I started to ruffle or crumble it up like in the picture. I had to do this carefully, cause the paper easily rips when it is wet.

10_zps22ac427c.jpg
    And whilst heat setting my ruffles I pinched the middle.

11_zpscf86a248.jpg
    I distressed the edges of my frist paper layer, glued my tulle on (using Fabri-Tac) and I hot glued my ruffled paper strip on. I only put glue in the middle of the paper strip cause I wanted to be able to tuck things in.

12_zpsc0ff3404.jpg
    I cut out one of the doilies that was on the prima flower packaging and place it like this.

14_zpsd07f72e8.jpg
    Then I pulled apart one of the prima flowers (that came in the kit)….

15_zpsbd0b07a6.jpg
    And made some smaller buds out of them. Simply by pinching 1 of the circles together and wrapping some wire around the buds

16_zps7402f4ed.jpg
    I thought they looked cute!

17_zps5dec877b.jpg
    Then I started layering. First 1 of the circles (from the pulled apart flower) and then on top the ruffled tulle, I made earlier.

18_zpsd95cadfd.jpg
    From a previous kit: I had some of that wooden fence left over, so I cut off 1 part and glued it down like in the picture. On top I glued a little piece of the pearl spray that came in the Jan kit. The little blue flower, was the center flower from the flower I took apart. (do I still make sense?)

19_zps93a446a4.jpg
    Then I cut a few different sizes from the beaded sprays. I twisted 2 togeter….

20_zps37959b72.jpg
    And glued them, hanging beneath my ruffled paper strip.

21_zps2719f34f.jpg
    I glued the little flower buds in place

22_zps6ae4a9c9.jpg
    And the other beaded spray, that were cut in different sizes.

23_zps4102fccf.jpg
    I added some Stickles, in diamond, to the flowers on the paper

24_zps712c7486.jpg
    And some glossy accents on the buds that are printed on the paper.

25_zpsf791aa37.jpg
    Then I painted a clock icon with white acrylic paint

26_zps601bbe92.jpg
    And glued it down, looking like it hangs on that piece of fence. Like a rod.

27_zps2ef3feee.jpg
    I added a little lace bow and a tiny baby rose.

28_zpsebf3cf40.jpg
    Then I randomly added some gesso

29_zps881af9ad.jpg
    I cut a white mat (3/4) like in the picture and glued it to the back.

30_zpsac091fc4.jpg
    For the base of my card I cut a piece of cardstock at 9 x 12, folded it double, distressed the edges and added some gesso here and there.

31_zps290f673b.jpg
    Then I glued everything together.

card_zps103e21c6.jpg
    and called it done! Hope you like it.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Oh just fabulous Paulien! I love the way you have created the flower spray using the flowers and the tulle. Just all stunning. I did smile too at the state of your scissors – mine are like that!

so pretty and delicate! love it!

Gorgeous card, Paulien! You always come up with the prettiest details!

Thanks ladies. Jennie…. LOL… yeah, they are pretty USED!!! I'm sorry though. I haven't pay attention to it. I suppose to use clean tools for a tutorial, don't you think?!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

OMG, Pualien! All your little details are so amazing~~ Such a lovely card!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks ladies. Jennie…. LOL… yeah, they are pretty USED!!! I'm sorry though. I haven't pay attention to it. I suppose to use clean tools for a tutorial, don't you think?!!!

No way- You don't have to do that. Your scissors are USED, and that's a great thing!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Such a gorgeous card!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

[quote]

No way- You don't have to do that. Your scissors are USED, and that's a great thing!
              [/quote]
              I agree.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Great card Paulien. Love the deconstructed flower. and the ruffled paper, never thought of that. I will be using it soon.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Paulien, I can't tell you how much I love your tutorials. I copy and paste them into a Word document to keep them on my computer. Thank you!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Such a pretty card Paulien, you always come up with such great ideas for your cards!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

[quote]
                      [quote]

[/quote]
                      I agree.
                      [/quote]
                      What they said!!!! (I don't call it USED, I call it LOVED.)

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Of all the wonderful cards that you've made for us, this is one of my all-time favorites!!! I love the sweet, delicate look that you've given it and even more, I love the techniques that you've used on all of the bits and pieces of flowers and scraps!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.