Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! 2nd Card tutorial using the September *Gilted Pleasure* kit

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

First let me say, that I don't measure my papers when I make a card. But for the card tutorials
    I just have to. I mostly eyeball everything I do. (and I do encourge that.)
    For today I have made this card:

IMG_0110mon_zps39c2447f.jpg

And here's how this card came together:

0monk_zps5639a0aa.jpg
    For the base of my card I cut a piece of cardstock at 10.2 x 7.4 and foulded it double.
    I slightly distressed the edges.

1monk_zps2cea291b.jpg
    My first layer of PP I cut at 5 x 7.4
    I slightly distressed the edges and adhered it to my base card.

2monk_zps1546c08b.jpg
    The second layer off PP was cut at 4.6 x 7
    I slightly distressed the edges and adhered it to my card like in the picture.

3mon_zps1b24825a.jpg
    Then I cut another piece of PP at 3.5 x 7.1
    I slightly distressed the edges and adhered it to my card.

4_zpsd8aedb95.jpg
    Then I cut another piece of PP at 2.6 x 6.2
    I slightly distressed the edges and glued a piece of cardboard to the back.

4-1mon_zps4d639991.jpg
    The cardboard did not completely covered the backside. I left the top, about 1 inch, without it. Then adhered it to my card.

5mon_zps60ce84cc.jpg
    Then I cut another piece of PP at 2 x 1.1 On this piece I stamped my sentiment.

6mon_zpsefc17d27.jpg
    I took some embellies and played around till I was happy with how it looked. (no glueing down yet)

7mon_zpsde1cb883.jpg
    I took the little piece and rounded the top coers. I marked the space where I wanted my sentiment to go and stamped it using Archival ink. First in coffee then in jet black on top.
    This gives it a nice vintage look.

8mon_zps3f9b71eb.jpg
    On the wood feather, I first inked the edges with Gathered Twigd distress ink, using my finger.
    Cause I wanted the ink only on the outher edges. Then I dabbed some Gesso on the feather.
    I glued my sentiment in place and the strip of lace.

9mon_zps08a630d7.jpg
    I glued my frame back in place, using a luiquid glue. The flowers, are oldies but still lovely,
    1 was glued under the frame and one on top.

10mon_zps91354137.jpg
    I took 1 of these flowers and cut the petals apart, to use them as leaves for the flower at the bottom.

11mon_zps48d37973.jpg
    Finished that one off with a gorgeous Prima mecanical, the leaves, ribbon and button.

12mon_zpsd4e46184.jpg
    At the top I wrapped some twine around the, raised layer, of PP and dabbed some Gesso on it.
    I also added another piece of lace right under it.

13mon_zpsa0a573e4.jpg
    I also added some Gesso to the right bottom coer of the frame. And I was done.

IMG_0110mon_zps39c2447f.jpg
    I hope you like this card and give it a try yourself.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Paulien, this is beautiful!!!!!
      I think I'm going to give this one a try 🙂

Snagg1
        Send PM

Simply beautiful!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So pretty, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

You make this look so easy Paulien. Great card.

LOVE this card, Paulien! Can't wait to give it a try!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Great card Paulien, thanks for sharing!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I did this over a week ago, and then things went a little crazy and I forgot about posting it.

I substituted a large handmade flower for the two small ones and used 2 wood feathers (colored with Paper Soft) as leaves. The wood frame was also inked and backed with a stamped sentiment and embellished with a butterfly.

Paulien, I love this design; I can see using it a lot; thanks so much!!!!!

[img:width=398&height=595]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1381354844_36_FT221101_20131002_baby_shower.jpg[/img]

Oh Peggy, this is fabulous!!!!!! I love your flower and that beautiful lace. The delicate distressing is perfect as well as your stamped sentiment. Beautiful card!

Peggy,love your card! that handmade flower is fabulous!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Peggy fabulous take on the card and I totally love your pretty flower!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.