Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 3/11/13- Scrapbooking Trends

This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What trends do you love, and are there any that you are not in love with?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I cannot seem to fall in love with banners and pennants. I have tried, and I think that they look great on OTHER people's layouts, but when I use them, they seem awkward on my projects.

I also have a hard time with cut out pics- LOVE how they look, but I have TRIED to do it too, but I just don't have the skills to pull it off.

I LOVE doilies! I have many, and I can't get enough of them.

I also love masks- I have a lot, and I need to use them more.

I'm with you on the banners and pennants Rae. They doesn't seem to work for me either. I also love the cut out pictures on other peoples pages, Heidi can work them like NO other, but I just don't have the nerves to do it. I love the masking trend the most, and ofthen use my masks, but only the tiny prints, more as an accent/detail. I also love the, heavy, curled back papers. But I do miss to see the old techniques. Lately everyone uses masks and banners and I really love the look, but, well I don't know….. but I see it on almost every page. And here is probably the stupidest thing…. I love to see all the chippies on projects… but it is so not me. I can't do it. I totally suck at using chipboard pieces on my pages.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I really like how everyone uses masks and molding paste these days. I don't have a lot of them and have only just started to use them a bit more. I think the Ultimate Challenge really got me to using these more.

I like the banners and pendents but I haven't really used them a lot.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I like the banners and pendents..havent used them alot but still like them.
            Now that I've gotten over my fear of molding paste ..love it
            Still having trouble loving misting and gelatos..need to work on those more

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I use to not like the look of banners. Now they totally grew on me and I love them! Masking is my new fav! I really miss wet distressing…no one uses it much anymore. I try to get in page with that technique.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I adore the masking and I REALLY need to start playing with that more. I am not a big stamper, need to do that too. As for the banner thing it looks good on other's projects but I can't bring myself to do it – don't know why… just not my style? I LOVE the paint drip technique that Heidi does and the Finn style – that's something on my MUST TRY list for 2013.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I love wet distressing, I didn't know no one was using it anymore, and I'm still trying to master it! I just started scrapbooking about a year ago and all these new ways to do a layout is confusing to me…I feel like I don't have a style…I love it all…but I want my style….I hope I find it soon!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I cannot seem to fall in love with banners and pennants. I have tried, and I think that they look great on OTHER people's layouts, but when I use them, they seem awkward on my projects.

I also have a hard time with cut out pics- LOVE how they look, but I have TRIED to do it too, but I just don't have the skills to pull it off.

I LOVE doilies! I have many, and I can't get enough of them.

I also love masks- I have a lot, and I need to use them more.

All of this ^^^

We all pretty much know that I love love love masking. 🙂

I also love banners! At first, I was like, ummm…..no. But then I did one and LOVE!

I cannot cut out pics to save my life, it always looks awkward, nothing like Heidi's or Gerry's gorgeous cuts.

I just used wet distressing! LOL I still love it.

I am not a fan of what I call the muddy look. Everything is the same tone, nothing POPS. That is really the only thing I don't like as far as trends go.

I love joual art pages, I need to do more of them.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I cannot remember the last time I did NOT take my stencils and mists and goop out; yeah, love them all!!!!

And I do like trying all things new. Some times they work, but I don't use them much (fussy cutting photos, for one), other times they're so awkward in my hands that I just give up. And that's why I love art joualing.

As for banners: some of my Savage Sisters do amazing things with them, but unless I'm doing a lift, I'm just not feeling it….

And something that I really don't use often and I don't know why is bling. No reason not to, it just never occurs to me…

Me too Peggy… I choose chipboard over bling almost all of the time!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Peggy and Vicky, say it ain't so! The more bling the better in my book. I love and hoard all types of bling.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Well, I take it out once in a while, but it just doesn't seem to fit. I love seeing it on other layouts, though…

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Ok so Love love love…paint pearls!! They are all over my pages. Sometimes I used the Kaisercraft pearls and sometimes I used paint pens or liquid pearls. But I just ADORE the look of them speckled all over my pages.

I still do we distressing on about 90% of my pages. Love that technique.

Dislike die cuts. I keep trying and keep trying but they never seem to look right. You see them in my LO's a little but I just can't get the hang of them. Oh and fibers/ribbon. I have a hard time figuring out how to use them on my LO's. Altered projects I'm your gal…but Lo's I just kinda scratch my head.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.