Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 3/12/12 – What did you think when you first saw…….

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Ok, be honest.  What did you think when you first saw grungy, inky and distressed layouts?  Were you

• drooling and feeling like you had met someone who finally understands you?
      • on the fence?
      • thinking what the hell did they do that for?

I'll admit, some people wear it better than others, but I was drawn to it.  Even though I wouldn't consider myself a big distresser and super grungy, I certainly have my moments. 

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I was more How the hell did they do that? Some people pull it off so seamlessly, but I find it a bit intimidating. I'm getting better at it, but there's something so final about misting/gessoing/distressing/inking a page that I always have to send up a little prayer that I don't destroy the whole LO in the process. I am totally drawn to it, though.

I was drawn to it. I can't quite get as grungy as I would like but I do like it. I love the distress look and can not do a lo with out distressing. I have tried and just can't.

I was drooling. LOL I like to mix them up. Take something that is uber girly and fru fru and destroy it. The only this that bugs me is lack of embellies for said grunge pages.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

When I first saw it, I loved it! I LOVE it! I like the dimension it gives, and feeling it evokes. It seems to me, that when the embellishments and papers have a wo look, paired with a perfect picture, your attention goes right to the picture, which is what I try to do. 🙂

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I love it. I too can't get as grungy as I would like. I love all the distress and misting and inking, just seems like I can't commit because i'm afraid it won't look as good. Guess I need to practice.

Even though it's not a style for me – I was drooling over the amazing artistic techniques.

When I first saw grungy..I was thinking how the h*ll did they do that?. I love it!!!!!
            I love the different looks and feel to a project when it's all grungy. I would definitely want to lea to do something like that. I'm always scared that I'll mess up so I just don't attempt to do it.

I posted my comment before reading everyone else's comment and I pretty much said the same thing Jackie said! LMAO! :?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I thought Now that is really cool …. how do they do that? I'm like a couple of the others, still afraid to mist and make things really grungy, but I am taking Tim's Creative Chemistry class and hope that by practising and making the samples I'll start to venture out and take some risks with my layouts.

Wow Lisa… what an AWESOME question!!

I do remember me seeing a kind of distressed/steampunky page (wayyyyyy back) that I thought, either some very angry kid has touched the papers of his/her mom or someone has been very frusterated. But…. I liked it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That's a good question – we sort of take it for granted now. I didn't like it at first and I still don't like the ultra grungy, but I do love the tearing and distressing and I love the way DIs give such an unfinished feel. I also love the way I can change paper that isn't quite right (when you buy online all the time you get some amazing stuff you wouldn't have bought had you seen it!).

See you on Tim's class Linda!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I thought it was very cool when I first saw it and have leaed to do more distressing the more I scrap. Some of the more steampunk grungy look I like but I tend to be afraid to try it. I've found since watching Tim Holtz video's I try to do a lot more of this style

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Scrapbooking and paper crafting have become a true art form, so it seems that the sky is the limit. I like it but I'm not quite there yet .. still make almost everything almost too perfect .. i need a little more scrunching and mixed media ..

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

For the most part, LOVED IT!!! In fact it was the Urban Grunge kit (the third), that made me sign up for SDoos!!! I SOOOO loved what the DT did with that kit, they are still some of my all time fav LO's….

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Scrapbooking and paper crafting have become a true art form, so it seems that the sky is the limit. I like it but I'm not quite there yet .. still make almost everything almost too perfect .. i need a little more scrunching and mixed media ..

This is a big ditto for me…but I'm trying. I am also taking Tim's Creatives Chemistry on-line classes in the hopes that it will ease some of my OCD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.