Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 4/18/2012 Whatever happened to Grungeboard?

This topic contains 69 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Grungeboard was such a HUGE hit when it first came out, but now, I rearely see it on layouts, or anything else for that matter.

What do you think happened?  Do you think chipboard ruined any chances grungeboard had??

I still use grungeboard for projects, as I like the flexibility versus chipboard. I think that the surge in fantastical chipboard pieces probably has hurt grunge sales, but grunge does things that chipboard simply can't. I prefer to use grunge rather than chipboard when using my steel-rule dies.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I still use my grunge board too. Not as often, since I discovered DA. I have a huge stash of it (big surprise, right).

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I have a confession – I've never used Grungeboard. I do have Grungepaper, but haven't used it very much. I was on scrappy hiatus when it came out, I think. That being said, I don't use DA too much, either, but that may just be because I haven't had enough time to build up a respectable stash 🙂

I freakin LOVE Grungeboard!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I still use my grunge board too. Not as often, since I discovered DA. I have a huge stash of it (big surprise, right).

Ditto!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I freakin LOVE Grungeboard!!

Manda, what do you think of the smell of it?

It's gross. :p

BUT, I can get past it. Once it sort of airs out, I am good.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I have never gotten any so don't use it.

I'm a chipboard girl!

I've never used it either. But I've seen some layouts with it and OMG they look awesome! I'd really like to try it out..

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I've never used it either. Since discovering DA, I haven't even thought about using anything else…

I've never used it either. Since discovering DA, I haven't even thought about using anything else…

a girl after my own heart 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I love my Grungeboard. And my Grungepaper.
                    The board itself was available only in precut strips (embossed shapes and alphas) when I started scrapping and shopped the chains, fortunately, I can get it locally in plain sheets now.
                    Don't get me wrong, I love my DA, but we're talking apples and oranges. I love the flexibility and the texture and the opportunity to play with my pile of Timmy dies.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

All of yooze who love it so much, how come I don't see it on your stuff more???? Inquiring minds want to know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.