Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 4/2/13 inspired in a funny place? Or by something not traditional scrapbook related?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I am often inspired in the craziest places or by the funniest things. So often that i downloaded a post it note app on my phone so that I can quickly jot it down when the inspiration hits. Some of the random places i have been inspired are…

1. I once took a picture of a lady's shirt in the grocery store…. yes, I did ask first, lol. She thought I was nuts for sure, even when I told her that the colors and patte was beautiful… Sheesh.

2. In Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I saw a shower curtain that was awesome. Again, I took a picture.

Where is the funniest place that you got inspiration for a project? Or where are you inspired most often outside of scrapbook forums, and such?

Perhaps I need to look at things differently.

I think that I get inspired by things that are not visual, but a feeling or mood.

Fashion always inspires me, polyvore is a great place for inspiration.

Also new music, I love Rhapsody. With my subscription, I can listen to almost every new album that comes out!

Nature. I will just walk around the yard with my camera and take random pictures and usually I will get a great idea.

I need to pay more attention when I am out shopping!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I dream mine…I will start one, pick out the picture, the paper things like that…then that night I dream it. I can't always duplicate it, they are much more fabulous in my dream…but I am getting better at it. The dreams are probably things I've seen that day, different LO's, flowers, things I've done in the past. I solved a problem last night dealing with my trash to treasure LO…Can't wait to try it today…hope it works!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Ads and packaging! I love to look at the design arrangement on packages of anything. I do make notes in my idea notebook about them too. I was just checking out my eye shadow package this moing with the fancy border.

Rae, that is great, gonna pour through the makeup counter. LOL!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh, music really inspires me too!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Ditto with people's clothing; every once in a while, I see a shirt, sweater or a tie that makes me smile. It's not so much the design as it is the colors and the way they work together.

And like Barbara, I fall asleep with papers and photos and colors and such running through my head. Actually, that's where I seem to do most of my planning.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Gee I feel so boring, I usually get inspired by other layouts or cards. Sometimes I will get inspired by print ads I see.

Mostly, I get my inspiration from the photos themselves, but I have gotten ideas for color palettes from clothing and I once took a picture of my dd's shower curtain for an idea. It had flowers done in ribbon embroidery. So pretty! Once time I used the design on a Christmas mug for background paper.

I can get inspired by a lot of things. the products itself, the pictures, the mood or feeling I;m in. But also by a song, or browsing the inteet or by something, someone says or…. really…. almost everything can get me inspired.

I should probably keep a notebook. I know I lose ideas through all the holes in my head.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

🙂 Manda! Yeah, an idea book is really handy. Everyone is busy- I know I am and I'm home most of the day, but I can't just run to the scrap loft and sit down every time I have a great idea, so having a place to jot them down is really nice. They don't call them moments of brilliance for nothing- they go away. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

They do go away, don't they? Unfortunately, most of my ideas come either when I'm falling asleep or when I'm driving or at work, just anywhere that a notebook isn't practical. 🙁 (
                    (Obviously, I've tried the taking notes…)
                    The good thing is that while the actual idea may not stick, the vague memory does and that's basically how I start any project, with this vague thing running through my head. Manda, I hear you about the holes ;D

Snagg1
                      Send PM

I am usually inspired by browsing through my supplies and matching color combinations. I get drawn to a certain color or patte and then start pulling out other things like flowers, bling, ink, etc. to go with and bada bing bada boom a creation is bo! haha I have no idea why I put that in–what a dork!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Funniest places…:

1)the gas station. Yes…the gas station. There was an add over the pump that had these great circles. I would upload the pic but I'm on vaca and u can't do that from a phone. The pic is still in my phone!

2) printed shirts. I took a pic of a clients shirt at work one time. Obviously pic phones are prohibited where I work but we all have them anyway. Here she is to file for her retirement benefits…all nervous…and the crazy chic taking her app asks for a pic of her shirt! I followed it up with 2 more and actually made a really awesome little canvas that's on display at my LSS based on a coworkers shirt.

My usual idea will be to choose a color/paper…a technique…and the. Find the photo to match (or make it to match)

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.