Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! 5 – 15 minutes Card tutorials using the *Treasured Yesterdays * kit

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Alright you guys… today I'm going to share 5 – 15 minutes card tutorials.
    The Treasured Yesterday Kit is sooo gorgeous and easy to design with, that you will want to play with it, till the last scrap of paper! Here we go!

A Happy Hello
    13cardmo_zps2ff3b46e.jpg
    0m_zps5dd40e33.jpg
    For the base of my card I folded a piece of cardstock and cut it down to 6.1/8 x 4.1/8 My fold is at the top of my card.

1m_zps288d8bb1.jpg
    From this notecard I cut 1/8 of an inch off, from the top.

2m_zps5944c52b.jpg
    Then I cut a rectangle at 3 x 4

3m_zps74db8aea.jpg
    Tore it from the right bottom up the left, like in this picture

4m_zps587b4a71.jpg
    I glued the bigger piece like in the picture. added glue, only 1/4 of an inch, to the top.

5mo_zpsdc16cf0e.jpg
    Then the other half of the teared piece, I flipped it over and slided it under the bigger piece……

6m_zps4841fc0e.jpg
    To create 2 layers. Glued them in place.

7m_zpsbc468a71.jpg
    I distressed and inked all the edges and adhered the notecard to my base-card.

8m_zps83912fdf.jpg
    Then I cut this little piece 2.1/4 x 2

9mo_zpse97cb05b.jpg
    Distressed and inked the edges, and glued a piece of cardboard to the back to let it stand out from the card. Glued it to the card. On top I glued a bow embellishment that came in the Main Kit.

10m_zpscb6d0d02.jpg
    I stamped my sentiment with Archival ink. Using a spatula I randomly blobbed on some
    Ranger Glue 'N Seal (glossy accents or mod podge will be just as good)

11m_zps1da49a39.jpg
    Then I sprinkled the tiny bead that came in the Main Kit. Put a piece of scrap-paper over it and pressed it into the glue. Then shake off the excess and let it dry for a few minutes.

12m_zpsdb04b64f.jpg
    To finish it off, I added some diamond stickles onto the card to balance it out.

13cardmo_zps2ff3b46e.jpg
    That's it…. 15 minutes!

Birthday Wishes
    birthdaywishesm_zps941ceca7.jpg

0m_zps4677c3fc.jpg
    For my base card I folded a piece of cardtock double and trimmed it down to 4.3/8 x 6.3/8 My fold is on the left side.

1m_zps6809f030.jpg
    From this notecard, I cut the oval out, distressed the inner edges and I cut 1/8 of an inch off, from all 4 sides.

2mo_zpsdaa29a68.jpg
    Then I traced the oval shape to this piece of PP, and cut it a little smaller then the note card.

3m_zps793476ef.jpg
    And glued them together.

4m_zps16403469.jpg
    Then I took this notecard and used the back of it, as a mat.

5m_zps0f613a57.jpg
    Got some Gesso on the edges and sprinkled ultra fine glitter on the wet Gesso. Dried it with my heat tool from undeeath.

6m_zpsc2c46fc4.jpg
    Then I glued the notecard to the mat, and glued some ribbon in between.

7m_zpsbb8c23af.jpg
    Made a fluffy bow, using some more ribbon (seambinding) and I glued all the layers to my base card.

8m_zpsc171e34b.jpg
    I die cutted some flowers from, old prima packaging and some fabric, selected the light grey rose from the kit and ripped some mesh.

9mo_zpsd05c840b.jpg
    Stacked my flowers together (I stapled the first 2) and added a little mesh in between the first and second flower.

10mo_zps0f0832c4.jpg
    Glued the rest of the mesh right under the fluffy bow and placed my flower.

11m_zps7c1273b7.jpg
    I stamped my sentiment (not the best stamping) and added some liquid pearls.

12m_zps73625527.jpg
    I lightly Gesso-ed the birdcage and sprinkled it with fine glitter. Then glued it in place.

birthdaywishescloseupm_zpsffa66891.jpg
    I highlighted the oval shape, using stickles in diamond.

birthdaywishesm_zps941ceca7.jpg
    And called it done.

Dream Always
    dreamalwaysm_zpse51ebea9.jpg

0m_zpsbdacf86c.jpg
    For my base card I folded a piece of cardtock double and trimmed it down to 4.1/4 x 6.3/8 My fold is on the left side.

1mo_zps3583deea.jpg
    I cut this piece of PP at 4.3/8 x 6.1/2 Got the edges pretty much distressed.

2m_zps6dde90b6.jpg
    Then I cut this notecard down to 3.3/4 x 6 And I glued an extra strip to the right, cause I needed to lose that bow. (later on… it didn't even made a difference)

3m_zps7984cbd6.jpg
    I glued the layers down to my base card.

4m_zpse598bdc7.jpg
    Then from a scratch piece of notecard, I took this coer and glued it down, raised with a piece of cardboard.

5m_zps86fb4e28.jpg
    I glued the wood embellisment in place and also added a piece of lace. I took some pearl strand from my stash and glued it in place. In this picture you see only the top half, but I glued it all the way to the bottom.

6m_zps19634ffa.jpg
    Then I took some hemp, wrapped it around my fingers twice and stapled it in the middle
    I also made a little bow.

7m_zpsb93a819d.jpg
    Glued it in place with a big blob of Beacon 3 in 1

8m_zps2f7ea68d.jpg
    And glued a flower, from last month's kit, in place.

9m_zps5f6b53a1.jpg
    I wrote the word Always at the bottom. Added some Gesso to the top right and left bottom using a spatula

10mo_zps85dcad57.jpg
    And sprinkled some Diamond Dust Glass Glitter on the wet Gesso. Place a srap piece of
    paper over it… pressed the glass into the wet Gesso and shake of the excess.

dreamalwayscloseupm_zps0415f5af.jpg
    I love how day light, make this Glass Glitter shine, and yet it is so subtile.

dreamalwaysm_zpse51ebea9.jpg
    And I called my card DONE!

Thanks so much
    thankssomuchm_zpsd1d71a6a.jpg

0m_zpsb5110771.jpg
    For my base card I folded a piece of cardtock double and trimmed it down to 6.1/4 x 4.3/8 My fold is at the top.

1m_zps0b5bd7fd.jpg
    I took this BEAUTIFUL notecard and distressed the edges.

2m_zpsd861e178.jpg
    And adhered it to my base card, and distressed the edges of my base card also.

3m_zps217e101d.jpg
    I had some left-overs pieces of lace which I glued at the top and bottom.

4m_zps55431402.jpg
    I took 2 of the BlueFe chippies that came in the kit and gave them a coat with Rangers Glue 'N Seal and sprinkled some copper glitter on top.

5m_zps5fca3687.jpg
    Look at that sparkle!!! Love it!

6mo_zps1a0c3da2.jpg
    I glued the chippies to my card and a flower that came in the kit. I added a few tiny leaves from my stash.

7m_zpscd5930da.jpg
    I added some stickles (crystal) to the lace for some extra bling.

8m_zps099d9871.jpg
    Stamped my sentiment, using Archival ink.

9m_zps10a6506c.jpg
    On the last minute I decieded to add some mesh under my flower…..

thankssomuchm_zpsd1d71a6a.jpg
    And called it Done!!!!!

Thinking of you
    thinkingofyou_zps378b286a.jpg

0m_zps3a20885a.jpg
    For my base card I folded a piece of cardtock double and trimmed it down to 4.1/2 x 7.1/2 My fold is at the left side.

1m_zpsaf160f07.jpg
    I cut this piece of PP at 4.1/4 x 7.1/4

2m_zps5fb066cb.jpg
    For this card I wanted to do a little something different. Instead of layering paper I wanted to layer laces/ribbons. I selected these 4.

3m_zps56cb1fa9.jpg
    I distressed the edges of my paper and started layering the ribbons like this.

4m_zps81551acd.jpg
    The light blue lace on top, I stapled a second layer of it, from half way, towards the bottom.

5m_zpsfee12aa5.jpg
    Made a few knots in the top layer. Then glued everything down to my base card and trimmed off the excess from the laces/ribbons

6m_zpsa151f060.jpg
    I also glued some pearl strand onto my card.

7n_zps7f44cb18.jpg
    Then I selected my embellishments.

8m_zps932a5062.jpg
    And glued them down.

9m_zpsc4e51072.jpg
    On a scrap piece of paper, I stamped my sentiment, using Archival ink, and I lightly distressed the edges of the paper.

10n_zpsedd4f75a.jpg
    To create a wavy sentiment, I glued the right side down, and only added a drop of glue to the left side….puffed it up a little and hold it in place for a few seconds. Then I added a couple of rhinestones.

11m_zps395b7bf6.jpg
    For the finishing touch I added some stickles in lime.

thinkingofyou_zps378b286a.jpg
    And called it done.

I hope you enjoyed these tutorials, and we would love to see, your take on them.
    Please share them with us in our Facebook Gallery—>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1479028899001842/

Happy crafting!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Gorgeous cards Paulien and love all the tutorials

Lovely cards and great tutorials. Want to grab the kit and make some cards.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Paulien a great big thank you for the card tutorials! All of the cards are so gorgeous! Whoever receives these beauties are going to treasure them always! I have one question. Do you stamp sentiments inside your card? Thanks again for the tutorials!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Paulien, you are a cardmaking goddess!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh MY!!! These cards are gorgeous, Paulien! Thanks so much for sharing the tutorials!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

girl you are a card making GENIUS! SO beautiful!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thanks Paulien, Love them all! If I had to pick a Fave it would be the last one…Gorgeous!

AWW, you all making me blush! Thank you for your sweet comments.

And Kimberly, yes sometimes I do stamp my sentiments on the inside. But I love a handwritten note also. I find that a little more personal to the one whoever gets the card.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh my goodness!!!
                Paulien, these are not just gorgeous, but so easy to make!!!!

Thanks so very, very much !heart

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Paulien these are all so beautiful!

Great tutorials, Paulien. Your work is so awesome!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Fabulous Paulien – wonderful designs and such great ideas for using even the smallest of pieces. Thank you x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.