Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements 5 YEARS!?!

This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

As I was sitting here tonight, putting together an email blast it dawned on me that the end of this month marks FIVE YEARS since Swirlydoos first began! Could it have really been so  long ago? It doesn't seem like it at all. We have built 61 collections (all of which have sold out!) We have seen subscribers from every continent pass through our virtual doors, and we've made some really awesome lifelong FRIENDS along the way… What a rollercoaster ride this has been. 5 YEARS – WOW!

As I pondered the sheer number of friends and subscribers i've met along this incredible jouey, I decided to look through our current subscriber database and see how many ladies have been with us since that very first kit way back when – DECADENCE.  Two ladies, who have become SO much more than subscribers have been honest to God Swirly Savages since kit number 1. These two amazing women who i've come to know and to love after all this time, have touched me deeply on so many different levels, for so many reasons and I am honored to be able to call them my FRIENDS. This amazing hobby has brought us all together but it's the beauty and personality of EACH AND EVERY lady here who makes Swirlydoos what it is, and what it was always supposed to be – A home away from home for paper junkies with naughty minds everywhere!

So in honor of those two amazing women I just want to say, Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Kathi Simmons and Peggy (Pegs) Giovanetti for not only giving yourselves and your talent to Swirlydoos, but for giving us all the opportunity to KNOW you. You are both such strong and beautiful women (as all the Savages are) and you've given SO SO Much of yourselves to us here. I can honestly say that I'm a better person for knowing you and I love you both with all my heart. THANK YOU!

Your kits are on me this month, happy anniversary!

Congrats on 5 years, Krissy! And kudos to our 2 Swirly Savages who have been here from the get-go. Here's to another 5 years of fun and Savagery! *lifts glass in toast*

5 years already?!!!! WOW. Congratulations Krissy!

And Congratulations Kathi and Peggy!!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow, that's amazing and congrats to you Krissy and to Kathi and Peggy!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wow 5 yrs already. Congrats to you Krissy. Congrats to Kathi and Peggy as well.

Congratulations on 5 years, Krissy! Peggy and Kathi, congratulations!

awesome!!!! congrats on 5 yrs Krissy!
          Peggy and Kathi, congrats too!

Here's to another 5 (at least!) more! 🙂

Krissy (my birthday buddy) you should really be proud of yourself. You made it through the hard times in our country and you are still here and going strong. Way to go girl!!!
          And for those die hard swirly savengers congrats to y'all too!!!

Ginger

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Congratulations on 5 years Krissy!!

I knew the minute I joined Swirlydoos, this was going to be a special, amazing club; it truly is my home away from home!

I have met so many wonderful talented ladies, some of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting in person and who have become special friends that have put up with my antics.

I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in our paper savagery; a jouey that I will continue to take with you, Krissy, aka our Swirly Goddess Queen.

Krissy, THANK YOU for being the creative, amazing, strong and caring young woman that you are. The creation of Swirlydoos has added a dimension to my life that would be hard-pressed to imagine life without. Our jouey will continue with this great group of savages!

BIG HUGS!!!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Fabulous! This is a truly amazing place to be, and THANK YOU, KRISSY, for giving us a place to all be together. This community is not only a place away from home- it's my second home! I've made some of the best friends I've ever had RIGHT HERE. Love you all! Here's to MANY more years!!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wow, congrats on 5 years, Krissy!!! That's a HUGE milestones!!! Here's to 5 more!!

Congrats Peggy and Kathi!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Fabulous! This is a truly amazing place to be, and THANK YOU, KRISSY, for giving us a place to all be together. This community is not only a place away from home- it's my second home! I've made some of the best friends I've ever had RIGHT HERE. Love you all! Here's to MANY more years!!!!!

Ditto ^^

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Oh my goodness.
                    Krissy, as I started reading your post, my thoughts were 5 years? Already? Yes, it has been five years, hasn't it?
                    And then I was remembering the layouts that Robin had posted on Scrapbook.com directing me to a new kit club, Swirlydoos. I had been bookmarking the work of a few artists for a couple of months, trying to absorb design know-how and your mother was my number one inspiration.
                    And so why not? and I typed the Swirly URL and pressed enter and I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! http://www.swirlydoos.blogspot.com/2009/01/test.html
                    Rich colors, gorgeous flowers and blings and trims and then there were the add-ons!
                    Well, I signed up immediately and waited so impatiently for my package to arrive. Ladies, I guess I don't have to explain to any of you how even better all of those pretties were in person. And I also know that I don't have to explain WHY I continued to be a subscriber: month after month after month of scrappy goodies and moost haves perfectly suited to inspire me to create.
                    It took me a few weeks of lurking before posting here and another few months before gaining the courage to upload a layout and here's why I have remained not only a subscriber, but an active member all this time: For all of the silliness and all of the Savagery (and hip checking), Swirlydoos members are actually a bunch of warm, caring, generous and just wonderful women who cheer you in good times and comfort you in bad and who encourage you as you try to stretch and discover the creativity in yourself.
                    If I may quote Rae: This is a truly amazing place to be, and THANK YOU, KRISSY, for giving us a place to all be together. This community is not only a place away from home- it's my second home! I've made some of the best friends I've ever had RIGHT HERE. Love you all!
                    This sums it up perfectly…

Thank you so very much, dear Krissy, for Swirlydoos and thank you, dear Savages, for the friendships that I have made here.

(And thanks for the anniversary gift !heart )

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Super congratulations Krissy and OGs Kathi and Peggy!! Viva la Swirlyville!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I read this as I was leaving work and it brought tears to my eyes. Congrats big time Krissy. You have brought this business through so much over the years. You have persevered where others have failed and should be proud.

Kathi and Peggy I can think of no other more deserving individuals. Way to be the ultimate swirly savages!!!

luv to you all.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.