Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/14/2012 – Layout Titles

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Titles are the part of the layout I struggle the most with. Ironic since I went through school for communications/marketing and advertising. Anyways, my question is what is your go to item for creating titles. Do you cut letters with a die cutting machine? Honestly I look for stamped and chipboard phrases. I really hate piecing together sticker letters, LOL. I try to sum up my layout with one or two words and then joual on the back. HELP!!! Give me some good advice ladies – there are only so many stamps and chipboard pieces a girl can buy.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I have the hardest time with titles also. When I get REALLY stuck I ask my kids for ideas!!

As you can see on A LOT of my pages I use the Making Memories Tiny Alpha Stickers. It seems I never have enough room on a page for a large title.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I also suck at titles. I have been using the DA words lately. They are small enough for me to stick anywhere. I do use thickers sometimes, and I also like the MM tiny alpha stickers.

I also have a really hard time with titles!!! and joualing also. I try and see what the pic is saying and it is better if I took it and remember the story. My titles are usually one word!!
        Is it wrong to have no title??

I used to really be good at titles. I would have cute ones or funny…but now, quite frankly, I don't care. LOL

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I usually come up with two or three titles, and have to decide on one. Titles come easy for me. I like to use small stickers, mostly. The Glitz and MM ones are my favorite ones. I love the DA words. I need more.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm usually not to bad with titles. Sometimes I have a title in mid and then see the photo and think that would be perfect for this title I have in my head. I tend to use my cricut a lot for cutting out my titles.

I also have a really hard time with titles!!! and joualing also. I try and see what the pic is saying and it is better if I took it and remember the story. My titles are usually one word!!
            Is it wrong to have no title??

Sometimes I wish I had started being known as the scrapper with no titles. Hmmm there's a thought, let the picture tell the story. But then it looks unfinished somehow.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I use to use titles all the time but lately they seem to have disappeared

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I'm ROTF at this question. Most of my pages seem to lack titles, don't they? Seriously, if a title fits in well as part of the design, I'll include it. If it doesn't, oh well… I've been doing this for ages,
                As far as what I use, it depends. I do like the MM alpha stickers, ditto the Glitz. I actually break out my Cricut from time to time. I don't have a ton of carts, but I do like the ones that I do have. Lately, I've been investing in some of the Tim Holtz alpha dies, I love the shapes. (The great thing about DIY is that you can leave them plain or emboss them or glitter them, or stamp them…..)
                Also, I have used (and love) LisaG's faux scrabble letters. Just print them out, adhere to chipboard & cover with a shmear of Glossy Accents. http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?60854.post

Most of my titles come from songs I'm listening to while scrapping. Or no title at all.

I do that too Shell! ;)

I love tiny alphas and DA best.

I can't wait to try these new Thickers.

I guess I like altering the letters and sprucing them up more than I care about what the actual title is.

Most of my titles come from songs I'm listening to while scrapping. Or no title at all.

I do that, too!

good idea – song titles!!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I'm bad with titles and I don't like them little stickers. Most of the time I'll print my titles that I've made in words on the computer…and I have used songs also for titles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.