Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/19/2014: what NON scrappy item

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

What non-scrappy item, has become a scrappy item for you. What do you grap from your household to use for scrapping?

I find myself using these a lot:
    1. empty toilet or paper towel rolls – to make leaves or flowers. Or sometimes the base for a project.
    2. the box our kits come in – I use them to raise things (as foam dots)

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh yes, I hoard all the cardboard boxes that we get. My latest and greatest find is GINORMOUS rolls of foam tape.

This is 36 yards of foam tape that I bot for $10 or $12. Had to buy minimum of 2 rolls and shipping was around $12 but still WAY less expensive than those tiny rolls of Scotch Brand or X-Press IT. You can buy from Uline. Pay attention to the thickness of the foam tape as it comes in many different thicknesses and widths. The one I bot is a good 1/8 thick and is perfect! Some cautions, it probably is not acid free, its very sticky and removing the paper from the sticky side is not as easy as Scotch or X-Press IT brands. It is sold by Uline as a packing material and is a great deal if you use alot of foam tape. I was going thru the stuff like crazy and decided I had to find a less expensive alteative! My cost including shipping was less than 50¢ a yard.

10300111_10202025558502121_979810390111749952_n.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Love the pic and love the tape…yeah Maggi our enabler of the week!!!

Oh ladies it does come in black if you so desire!!

I use shoe boxes for storage. I decorate to match my room.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh yes, I hoard all the cardboard boxes that we get. My latest and greatest find is GINORMOUS rolls of foam tape.

This is 36 yards of foam tape that I bot for $10 or $12. Had to buy minimum of 2 rolls and shipping was around $12 but still WAY less expensive than those tiny rolls of Scotch Brand or X-Press IT. You can buy from Uline. Pay attention to the thickness of the foam tape as it comes in many different thicknesses and widths. The one I bot is a good 1/8 thick and is perfect! Some cautions, it probably is not acid free, its very sticky and removing the paper from the sticky side is not as easy as Scotch or X-Press IT brands. It is sold by Uline as a packing material and is a great deal if you use alot of foam tape. I was going thru the stuff like crazy and decided I had to find a less expensive alteative! My cost including shipping was less than 50¢ a yard.

10300111_10202025558502121_979810390111749952_n.jpg

I like Uline also. Never thought to check for foam tape.

Wow, Maggi! That is one LARGE roll of foam tape!

Lately, I've been using a lot of burlap and cheesecloth, jewels off of old barrettes, still using tulle from my dd's wedding (13 years ago!), the backs of paper pads and tablets to make chippie swirls for LO's.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Wow Maggi, that's giant!

I keep poppers from shipped packages. I paint it then stamp on my project. I also now rip shipping boxes or cartons for the corrugated texture on my lo's.

For storage I keep the clear plastic containers that lettuces, strawberries and basil come in. Also, the dishwasher tab container from Costco. The various sizes are perfect for different embellies.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh I keep those lettuce containers too!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Holy Moly Maggi, that is one huge roll!

I like to save chipboard from different products to use to cut out Flourishes etc on my cricut.

WOW Maggi…. that is GIANT!!!! what an awesome buy!

Yes, those chipboard packagings are awesome. sometimes they are even sturdy enough, to make covers for a mini album.
                Here in Holland, our milk comes in cardboard containers, and the iside is mirror cardboard. So I find myself washing these containers out and use the mirror side for die cutting.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Maggi, love the foam tape. I thought I was doing good finding my rolls at the dollar store. I may just have to order this.

I do keep the corrugated cardboard. I also keep the netting from fruit, and the mess that comes from the top of some bottles. I also have several rolls of dry wall and joint tape.

Looks like I need to start saving the lettuce containers.

somebody has a picture of those lettuce containers?

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I also keep my cereal boxes. I have so many right now I haven't needed to save the last 300 lol

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Well, last week I used pieces of the branches that I trimmed from my shrubs. I also save all the flat plastic pieces from packaging. It's great for pop up cards and embossing. I also love burlap and packing paper.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.