Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/29/13 the industry moving to fast?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you feel that the scrapbook industry moves to fast? Do you feel like you can never catch up? Or do you roll with it?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I just kind of roll with it. If something catches my fancy then I'll try it otherwise I let it slide

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I think it moves way to fast! Here's an example. I LOVED the Pima Fairy Belle Collection. Bought every single thing in the collection from Jodi (the designer) on etsy. I never got to make anything with it. Now I feel likes it's old already 🙁

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Ang, I still use paper that is 6-7 years old (ex. basic grey Vagabond) if it works with my photos

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

You know Kathi, you're right!! It's something that I really need to get over. Otherwise I'll have way to much suff! LOL!

I have lots of old collections that I have hoarded and I think it is fun to go back and try to use them Swirlystyle. There is some stuff that I know I will never go back and use though and I am going to have my dgds go through it this summer and what they don't want is getting donated somewhere! It does seem like there is a lot of stuff coming fast, especially in the mixed media area. I see things I want to try someday, but then more new stuff comes out before I even get a chance to try the older stuff!

Ang it does move pretty fast. I used to buy every paper line I loved – now I limit myself to one or two per CHA (probably because I know Krissy will give us the best ones, hee, hee). I still haven't gotten into the whole mixed media thing but it's not really my style either.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

WAY TOO FAST!!! I'm one that likes to try and do 3 or 4 things with one paper line. I feel that thy are always coming up with the latest and greatest thing/technique/etc. and a lot of old stuff is really useful but gets forgotten. I truly wouldn't mind if they would dial it back a skoatch.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I think it moves to fast like everything else these days. I love seeing the new things, but I can't buy everything I like so I'm trying real hard not to buy tons of new stuff until I use what I have.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Good luck with that Steph ;) lol. I think we are all on our way to Connie status (see pics of her room organization project if u don't know what I'm referring to)

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

BTW where is Connie????????

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I'm having a hard time with it…making it very hard for me to find my style! I love it all. I have decided just to have fun and quit trying to find it!

BTW and where is Pat and Barbara and Linda????? There never was a winner for the April card Challenge…

Snagg1
                          Send PM

I agree that new things are moving much faster than I can keep up with these days. I love trying new techniques and I've had to make a conscious effort to stop getting caught up in having it all. It is hard though. That's one of the reasons I've started with the daily art joual and also doing mini albums–I can use up a lot of stuff on those and work on perfecting and experimenting with techniques and ideas.

Pala I've noticed things have really slowed down around here on the boards. I only joined in October of last year so I'm not sure if its seasonal or what but I've been wondering where savages have gone.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

While pursuing the Inteet I've noticed a lot of savages on other kit club sites:(

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I have noticed things have slowed down also…I just figured it is seasonal. We will be vacationing in June so I will be gone a lot. I will have my iPad though to check in, Swirlydoos has become a part of me…Im never straying…I would miss you all so much!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.