Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/5/2014: How do you pick……

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

The challenges you want to play along with? I mean we have a whole bunch of amazing challenges at Swirlydoos. But how do you decide to play along with a specific challenge?

Snagg1
      Send PM

For any challenge it really depends on my mood at the time and what is being asked. I'm talking about all challenges, whoever is doing it. Sometimes I'm just not feeling it so I don't choose that particular one. Also, if I get too caught up in challenges, I feel like I'm not creating freely for me and the pleasure of it. I have to be careful not to get challenge bu out B)

I always hope to play along with all of the challenges at Swirlydoos, but sometimes time just gets away from me. So, I guess that is how I decide. If I feel like I have time to put in for what is being asked. Joining in on the challenges is what keeps me scrapping at least something every month and I can usually work a challenge into whatever photos I am working with at the time.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I'm like Cheryl. I like playing along in all the challenges.

I do have to say I skip the card rr frequently, cards are not my thing and you guys are amazing at cards. I feel like I am short changing the person that follows me in the card rr.

I always try to get to the SGC. It is fun to see what my swirly sisters come up with to challenge us.

Depending on the dates, I am almost always in on the layout RR. I love seeing when the layouts go.

I love using sketches, so that is a moost do monthly as well.

Who doesn't love butterflies, not us swirly girls. I try to get in on this one as much as my layouts permit.

Again all these depend on time and my mojo of course. I just love that we have so many challenges. It can help kick start the old mojo if it's hiding out on you.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Since I don't buy the kits yet I am limited to what challenges I can go in, which is why I like to do the card challenge. But now with rule change I am able to do one of the layout challenges if I have time.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I try to get to all of the challenges if I have time. Time is the only factor for me. I wish I could do them all!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

It's a time factor for me as well! I would love to join all the challenges.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

I usually like to do the RR-it forces your creativity! Prior to DT,as a subscriber I always did the sketch challenge and as many others as time allowed. I think Swirly has just the right amount of challenges to push the mojo but not make folks feel like they have to enter them all! Swirly girls are more conceed with quality than quantity and that sets us apart-just my 2 cents!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Well, I host the RR and so I DO hope that all of you pick me!!!!!, lol!!!!!

More seriously, I love doing the Card RR; I'm still leaing when it comes to cards and this is the perfect way to do so!!!
                  I love the SGC; it's so much fun meeting the challenges that the Savages come up with!!!
                  And I have a special place in my heart for the Butterfly Challenge because butterflies!!!!
                  I've never been good at following sketches, too much like following directions, right? Anyway, I've been trying like crazy to do those lately when time permits if only to see if I can!!!

And I know that these aren't challenges, but I try like mad to follow Paulien's card tutorials. (This past month was a total bust, time just hasn't been on my side.) Not only do I end up with beautiful creations of my own, but I lea new techniques and ways of doing things with each and every card that I make.

I don't do a lot of the challenges because of my health, working full time, family, etc. I am actually planning on quitting my job at the beginning of August and applying for SSD. You would think that anyone that had to be in the hospital for 9 days every 3 months would be a shoe in wouldn't you, but not so… Anyway, if I am not working, in theory I should get more rest and have more time and then I can participate in more challenges without worrying about not making the deadlines.

You all are a bunch of Sweethearts!! Just felt the need to say that!

I wished that I had more time! Then I would play in all the challenges. For Sure! Cause since I'm a libra I would find it very hard to choose. almost impossible I'd say.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

That's a good question Paulien, because they ALL are really good challenges. I think it's for different reasons every time. Sometimes I want to go out of my comfort zone, sometimes I know I have a photo that would be perfect, sometimes I figure I can work in a technique that I've been wanting to try, sometimes it's just stuff I like creating – like cards and altered items! And sometimes, if I'm strapped for time or feeling like I've lost my mojo, I like quick and easy ones. LOL. (That's on my lazy days.) Usually I have the best of intentions on completing ALL of the challenges and just run out of time!

For me it is the time…I miss hanging out. I have a few medical issues that have popped now plus working full time. And now right before I am facing surgery we are starting a full remodel on the house. Life should be fun these next few months!! But while I'm on the mend I hope to scrap a little!!! I miss you guys!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.