Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 6/17/2013 – Scrappy Shopping?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Just curious on how often you shop for your hobby/addiction. Aside from your Swirly kits… do you wait for big sales, or new CHA releases, or do you meet up with a girlfriend and make a shopping date every few weeks?

For me, I typically drop into my local Michaels once a month and treat myself to a few new things. I also do two huge hauls a year from online sales (typically Fall and Spring). We are so fortunate that Krissy puts all the latest and greatest in the kits that I really don't feel like I'm ever lacking. Since my LSS closed a few months ago, I have been spending less because the other closest one is almost an hour away. Thank goodness for Swirlydoos!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

My name is Debbie and I am a shopaholic (for scrapbooking/art supplies)…I shop on-line the most (almost always w/coupons or sales); at Scrapbook Expos, CKU events, the LSS that are left in the area and arts and crafts stores (Michaels, JoAnns, etc.)

I love to find new product lines to fit into my hoard, oh…I mean scrapbook supplies. I will have to cut back real soon because I am hoping to retire my day job soon and that will cut into my hobby money, but I am sure I will always be purchasing the latest must have items and Swirlydoos kits.

I shop online a little about every 2 months. Otherwise, I wait until I visit my sister-in-law and stock up then! That is usually 2 or 3 times a year.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I shop WAY too much! I shop online about two-three times every month. Lately, I've been shopping for dies and junk for altered projects. I've cut back on paper and flowers though- I have a lot of each, and try to not add unless it's something I am in love with, and doesn't get put in a kit. ;)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm an on-line shopper, way too much. But my M's and HL are horrible so I spend a lot of time and $$$$$ through the computer

I shop more than I should, which is increasing my stash again, but the majority of what I've bought over the last year has been more along the tool category… such as dies and stamps.

I'm blessed to have a local craft store (PNW chain) with a large scrapbooking area, which I visit at least 2-3 times a month, as they do make&takes on the weekends and the new product goes out Fridays. I also have Michael's and Joann's locally.

I buy from Blue Moon Scrapbooking and Blitsy for stuff I want that doesn't show up here, mainly the Julie Nutting doll stamps and TH dies, ideaology, etc. And every so often I have to have the newest release from Heartfelt Creations. ;) It's a sickness, I tell ya, a sickness! (not one I'm willing to cure though!!)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have been trying to cut down (really I have), but Blitsy pulls me in every so often. I also have a local store in town, it is small but I want to support them so have to stop in a couple times a month. Love it when Michaels has a 50% off coupon – I have 2 on my way home from work so I hit them both and stock up on my tools or bigger ticket items then.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I shop way too much too. I scrap monthly at a not so lss. So I buy a few things there, then I shop online a couple times a month. Then when the urge hits, I go to Archivers, M's or HL. since my Archivers just closed that will stop. Plus I shop at expos.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I've been cutting back a lot on the spending; I've finally come to the conclusion that I really do have plenty of paper and trims and flowers and mists and…

Of course, I get the kits (and I'm perma for everything, heaven forbid that I miss out on anything!). Other than that, I've been hitting the box stores for mediums and adhesives and I've been staying away from the LSS.

I did pick up stuff from Hobby Lobby's floral department last April while group shopping and a couple of dies, that was about it.

I bought a Cameo thanks to all of the enablers here, it's still unwrapped, but that may cut back on my die addiction.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

We have two really good LSS here in town which is great and when I go down to the mainland I'll go to Micheal's with their coupons to pick up punches and mediums. I've started shopping online at Simon Says Stamp, they have really good prices and super cheap shipping costs up to Canada!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

My name is Debbie and I am a shopaholic (for scrapbooking/art supplies)….

Hi Debbie.

I'm Andie and I'm a scrap-a-holic.

I go through spells where I spend WAY too much online through Blitzy and here (lately) but used to do custom crops and oriental trading too. Now I just delete my Blitzy emails so as not to spend. I spend abhorrent amounts whenever Krissy does a special order and I've been perma on pretty much everything here since I started. I have 2 big hauls per year…one at the Mega Meet (Kim you gotta come baby) and one in the fall which I think is stopping (last year the trade show was like a bad garage sale). I don't scrap enough to warrant all I have but isn't that the name of the game?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I too am a scrap-a-holic Andi. I have a small shop 30 minutes away and one an hour away and both are great. When I see something I ring, they source it for me and get it in. I then divert one of my trucks from work to go in and collect! My theory is I will spend less by not actually going into the shop.! My husband drives me to the bigger shop about every 4th or 5th Saturday as we make a day outing of the trip. Being truthful – I create that to happen cos I hate driving and the big hardware store is over by the scrapbooking store!

I too am a scrap-a-holic Andi. I have a small shop 30 minutes away and one an hour away and both are great. When I see something I ring, they source it for me and get it in. I then divert one of my trucks from work to go in and collect! My theory is I will spend less by not actually going into the shop.! My husband drives me to the bigger shop about every 4th or 5th Saturday as we make a day outing of the trip. Being truthful – I create that to happen cos I hate driving and the big hardware store is over by the scrapbooking store!

hee, hee – awesome… that's some goooood planning on your part. Now to find a scrappy store near a store my hubby likes – that is the new task 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

OMG….He enables you?! That's a total keeper Lynn. Lucky gal!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Looks like a lot of Shop and Scrapaholics here so I think we need a support group to trade coupons and shopping tips!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.