Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 7/29/14 You just won the lottery…

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok, so you just won a multimillion dollar lottery. After you have done all the other things you said you would do if you won the lottery (build your dream home, travel the world, donate to your favorite cause…), what would your scrappy dream be to do with some of your winnings?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For me, first in my dream home, I would have included my dream scrappy room.

Next, if I won this today I would pay for my scrappy friends going to camp and extend our our stay.

After that, I would see if one of my favorite kits club owners was looking for a silent partner with some extra cash so she could take things to the next level with her business. I would love to be on the business side of the scrapbook industry. Maybe designing a paper line or new embellishments.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'd buy a plane ticket for Kathi to come to my house so she could help me organize and design the best scrap room ever. 🙂

Build a beautiful craft studio that had room for friends and family to scrap with me, plus lots of organized storage!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I would build a guest house for a maid to live in…that way I wouldn't have to stop scrapping to clean house. I do have a cleaner come once a week…everyday would be even sweeter! Plus she could help me with my Son, I can't leave him home alone so that would really set me free.

Snagg1
              Send PM

oooh,good question.My ultimate scraproom would also be a given in my new house. It'd be fun to do a show like the House makeovers but to crafters to build their dream studios.Provide design and provide adaptive equipment for disabled crafters. I'd also like to start a business (well,i wouldnt charge) scrapping/joualing for folks dx with Alzheimers before the memory goes.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

oooh,good question.My ultimate scraproom would also be a given in my new house. It'd be fun to do a show like the House makeovers but to crafters to build their dream studios.Provide design and provide adaptive equipment for disabled crafters. I'd also like to start a business (well,i wouldnt charge) scrapping/joualing for folks dx with Alzheimers before the memory goes.

Tracey, I love the idea of craft room makeovers show. I would definitely volunteer to help you out with the scrapping/joualing program too.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I'd buy a plane ticket for Kathi to come to my house so she could help me organize and design the best scrap room ever. 🙂

thanks Rae..I'd be more than willing to help you….lol

I love the idea of the maid's room (and the maid!). And a large craft room with tons of light, shelves everywhere, and a station for everything: spraying, die cutting, paper cutting, etc. And a door right out of the craft room to the pool…

Snagg1
                    Send PM

This is beyond what I could even grasp. I wouldn't know where to start! Since hubs and I have already decided we live in our dream home and would only bust out the back to make the kitchen bigger, I'd really have to think on this….

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I love the idea of the maid's room (and the maid!). And a large craft room with tons of light, shelves everywhere, and a station for everything: spraying, die cutting, paper cutting, etc. And a door right out of the craft room to the pool…

Hey…I'll go for the pool idea too…102 degrees here today!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Oh this is fun Kim! 🙂

First off I'd come to Swirlydoos Camp! Then when I got home, I'd instantly hire a maid (LOVE that suggestion Barbara)… and perhaps a chef as well. LOL.

Next I would get in line behind Rae, and get Kathi to design a FUNCTIONAL craft room for me! (LOVE Kathi's scrap room!) I would be sure to budget …. scrap that word budget…. I'm RICH… 🙂 …. I would purchase absolutely everything I needed to be TOTALLY organized.

THEN I would buy every kind of scrappy embellishment my little heart desires.

When I got tired of indulging myself, I would help Tracey with the art/joualling. That is a wonderful idea. My friend's mom has Alzheimers and it is so sad. To make things worse, my friend is haunted by the thought of one day having Alzheimers herself.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I would host a fabulous scrappy camp and fly all my swirlygals and other scrappy friends in for a week of scrapping and whatever else we want to do!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                            Send PM

Don't you know I'm sitting here trying to figure if swanky craft room could be squeezed in my new blown out chef's kitchen since I won the lottery 🙂 And yes, I would host a weekend crop with all my scrappy friends!

Of course on a small scale I'd buy all the doo-hickies I've been wanting, like all the Ingvild Bolme chalk edgers, round out all my Martha punches. Distress paints, stains and ink. The list just could go on forever.

How fun! Well, a Tim Holtz cruise would have to top my list. Then, a scrappy retreat built separate from my home with enough room to host a Swirly retreat for anyone that could come. I would love to teach some classes there too. The classes could be for women and children at the homeless shelter, home schooled kids, part of a church group. However I could help inspire those that need it. And, of course, the scrappy retreat would be stocked with all the scrappy mooost haves!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.