Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/11/2014 Do you make your own storage containers?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

If so let's see them!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
        Send PM

I up-cycle the containers that spring mix greens come in and the basil from Trader Joe's, also the dish washer tabs I but at Costco come in a tub that I use 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I use those lettuce tubs too.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I do use the plastic tubs our Chinese take away comes in and nice biscuit tins. But I do like to buy wood/MDF/chipboard cabinets and drawers like Kaisercrft ones to 'make over' and then use after. Here's a photo of a wood cabinet that came from Ikea, after I had covered rather colourfully with Teresa Collins Fabrications Collection.
          [img:width=600&height=399]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1407787905_2865_FT246231_rsz_dsc_0070_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It looks wonderful Ginny! Those little cabinets hold more than I realized.

I just did one last night. I found some KaiserKraft board sets on sale and used G45 Bohemian Bazaar paper.

The second one I made 5 years ago to hold my acrylic blocks. It has held up pretty well except for the lost L. If you make the base bigger all the way around, it won't tip over. The paper is Basic Grey Wisteria. They used to have beautiful paper.
            [img:width=500&height=362]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1407810377_2757_FT246231_august_024.jpg[/img]
            [img:width=500&height=457]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1407810377_2757_FT246231_august_025.jpg[/img]
            [img:width=300&height=347]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1407810377_2757_FT246231_august_026.jpg[/img]

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Ginny & Sue both of your containers are so pretty!

great storages ladies!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I love both storage containers, ladies! Do you keep them in your scrappy space?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

This is the only one I've made so far. It's suppose to be a recipe box but I keep my photos in it.
                  [img:width=600&height=520]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1407851183_12_FT246231_img_2324_.jpg[/img]

I love both storage containers, ladies! Do you keep them in your scrappy space?

Yes I've got 2 lined up on my table, in my craft room, with everything to hand when I need it! I've got a box similar to Sue's as well that I keep all my masks and stencils in, so they are all together and easy to look through.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

You gals have made such pretty containers! I just stack my sad little plastic tubs in my closet 🙂 I don't have any real room on my desk for all these pretty little boxes.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Oh my goodness!!! These are all so pretty!!!!!

I keep my (unpacked) kit in a thingy from Kaisercraft, otherwise I love my Snapware tubs. I'm afraid that I need all that room these days.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.