Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/1/2012 – New – Old School??

This topic contains 60 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

[quote]
    Not a gadget but for me I regret purchasing shimmerz and glimmer mists – HATE them… bought tons and now use inks and other things instead.

Let's have a swap! I love both!
    [/quote]

I'm left handed too so won't work LOL!!!

I keep that hot glue gun and an extra set of batteries. in my tool kit for when I go to crops. I really like it for that. I love my cricut and use it almost everytime I crop. My dd really loves hers! She uses it for her girl scout troop when they make cards for the residents in the nursing home and for school projects. I would have to say that the Gypsy is one thing I would think twice about. I just haven't taken the time to lea how to use it. I thought it would be so much better than hauling my cartridges to crops. I still seem to haul the carts though, because everyone always wants to borrow them! LOL!

Reading this makes me so happy that i never got a cricut. The cartridges for it never suited me anyway.

Ditto, in fact I don't have/use any. I am so old school that I still love my Creative Memories cutter, LOL. I know , I know but hey I have a buddy – Robin Shakoor admitted on her blog she does too!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I still have my circle, oval CM cutters and use them every once in a while

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Maggi tued me on to the Kreaxions circle cutter, it's a compass with a blade. This is the first and only circle cutter that I've ever liked. Before this, I was using my CW template, before that, I was using plates and bowls, LOL.
        I did use the Cricut a couple of times for circles and it does a nice job. But!!!!! First, I have to take it off the shelf, plug it in, get out the mat, position the paper, get out the cart or (later) the Gypsy, set that all up for size and make sure that the blade settings were correct…
        Just wayyyy too much for a circle. I do think that it's a good machine (Cheryl, your DD should get plenty of use from it, the images are perfect for kid projects), but I seem to be using it less and less all the time. Even for titles; have you seen some of the Timmy alpha dies???????

I actually have my cricut out and have space for my laptop so I can just go the the Cricut Create program, put whatever images I want on the screen, then plug and cut (after loading the mat and paper) so it is much easier to use then having to load the cartridge. I still don't use it as much as I think I should to justify the $$ I spent on it along with the cartridges. Not really sure why because it is much easier now than before….just lazy I guess…LOL!

I really want to sell it and buy a Vagabond, but I don't have that many dies that I currently use in the Epic 6.

I think I'm afraid I will feel the same way about the Vagabond in a year or two so haven't taken the plunge…I don't want 2 unused die cutting machines collecting dust.

I do have a place where I have the cricut plugged in all the time, so I don't have to move it to use it. That does make a big difference! When I was storing it in the box and getting it out when I needed it, I didn't use it near as often! Your right, Peggy! Tim has some amazing alpha dies out! Some are on my wish list!

I have a few sets of the Sizzlets alphas that are now gathering dust! I still like them, I just never think to use them!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Me too!!

I actually have my cricut out and have space for my laptop so I can just go the the Cricut Create program, put whatever images I want on the screen, then plug and cut (after loading the mat and paper) so it is much easier to use then having to load the cartridge. I still don't use it as much as I think I should to justify the $$ I spent on it along with the cartridges. Not really sure why because it is much easier now than before….just lazy I guess…LOL!

I really want to sell it and buy a Vagabond, but I don't have that many dies that I currently use in the Epic 6.

I think I'm afraid I will feel the same way about the Vagabond in a year or two so haven't taken the plunge…I don't want 2 unused die cutting machines collecting dust.

Well, I have had my Vagabond for over a year and use it more than ever!! I have a Cricut Expression and almost never use it. I have some awesome cartridges. I really should use it more. When I do use it I love it. So I would never get rid of it. But I do love my Vagabond. I keep my CuttleBug for fear my Vagabond will stop working. And believe it or not, I still have the original Sizzix. You know, the dinosaur with the lever. lol…

Not a gadget but for me I regret purchasing shimmerz and glimmer mists – HATE them… bought tons and now use inks and other things instead.

I will gladly take the Glimmer Mist off your hands!!!!! Silly girl!! USE THEM!!! Shimmerz on the other hand dont work that well for me.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I love my cricut machine, I use it constantly. I've made so many graphics with my PSP program and now with Inkscape and Make the Cut i can tu my own graphics into things I can cut on my Cricut.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I used my Cricut more when I had the SCAL- but, when my computer took a crap, I lost the program.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I just had to have the pink ATG. But, I am left-handed, and this is the worst runner I have ever used! I have to re-do the tape all the time. I'm old school- Fabri-Tac and Zip Dry are all I use.

Aah, my sistah from another mistah!  I'm a lefty too!  However, I love my pink ATG. I use it with my right hand.  I'm pretty ambidextrious. 

Snagg1
                  Send PM

My Cricut expression is nothing but a dust collector at this point. I love my Silhouette.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.