Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/12/2013- What do you think about "Project Life"?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

At CHA, we saw a trend- many companies are offering albums and accessories for Project Life. I wasn't really clear on what it was- it looks like photo albums with joualing cards without any flair, and A LOT of companies are getting into it. I do not like the look of it, but I guess when I started scrapbooking, this is the direction I thought I would go. But, now I find that I much prefer the artistic aspects of scrapbooking, rather than organizing photos in order and such.

So, what do YOU think about project life?

Here's a website that has a video about what it is, exactly. http://www.beckyhiggins.com/inspiration/

It's not my style but I do think its perfect for those overwhelmed with all that's out there. I started scrapping when it was stickers and card stock. I think if I started now it may be even more intimidating because there is sooooooo much. I think it will help to get more photos out of the boxes and into scrapbooks as well!

However what I do love about this is I am so bad at joualing. This almost insures that more joualing will happen. I love that!

love looking at it, great for preserving those memories…but not for me.

I love the playing, painting, getting messy and everything else that goes into my pages.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I've been seeing that style lately, doesn't appeal to me at all!!! It is the art and design that I love about what we do. I think the joualing is important, on every one of my LO's I write a note that is hidden on the back and can be pulled up.

My nieghbor is going crazy over the Project Life She and her friends love it! To me it is boring

PL is good for fly by night or new scrappers OR longtime ones that just want something quick to do each day.

As far as style goes, I don't think it has much.

I don't like it at all! same goes (for me) with that Smash thing.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Yeah- i HAD to have a Smash book, but I haven't even used it. Once I actually got it, I couldn't figure out what I was going to do with it.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

It's not for me. I'll just leave it at that.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

However what I do love about this is I am so bad at joualing. This almost insures that more joualing will happen. I love that!

That is true. I am almost thinking it would be kind of cool to do a layout with one pic (because that's how I am, and I'll never change that) and then where a second page would go to maybe have something like a PL page for only SOME pics. I don't know. Probably not.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Actually I've been thinking of doing something like this in one of my Prima albums because it's the little things that make up our everyday life that we tend to forget. I'd love to just print a 3×5 and put it in and album and joual about it. E.G. Roman tutoring the oboe as his first job, Colin devouring books, Liam's mohawk, Aubrey's crazy jeans under her skirts (I missed documenting this phase and it's now over)…these are the little things that happen everyday that don't get documented.

As for scrapbooking layouts? I'm with all of you…I love the creative process so much. For me scrapping is all about the process not a fancy photo album.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I was actually just thinking that same thing. I take photos of everything and I have a lot that are special but not sure about a fancy layout. Or when ya go somewhere like the zoo and ya have a million photos. I think it would be fun to scrap one or two zoo photos but could do one of these albums of the rest. Ya know my boys have to stand and pose by every animal these days.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

And, here is Prima's actual PL line they have with IOD: http://ironorchiddesigns.com/tag/project-life/

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

The more I look at these, I'm thinking it's just a different kind of project that WE do. I MAY look into this a little more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.