Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/13/12 – Afraid to try????

This topic contains 48 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

OK, so while most people won't admit to being afraid to try something…..I know we are all afraid. just a little bit of trying something because we might not do it well.

The same applies to scrapbooking.  What have you wanted to try FOR THE LONGEST TIME….CRAVE to try, but have stopped short of just jumping in because you think you might not be happy with the result??

Layering with stamps and mists, paints and stencils scared the bejesus out of me for the longest time, and sometimes still does.  I mean….once you do it….it's THERE.  I know it is just paper but sheesh!! 

Talk to me….. 🙂

Definitely the misting and stencils. I have not been able to master it and it frustrates me no end. Gonna have to watch some YouTube tutorials or something – I WILL GET THE HANG OF IT! 🙂

Art jouals are something I've admired for the longest time yet was too scared to try, so I made myself pick up the Prima AJ a month or so ago and I'm slowly working on it. I've got one finished page, one partial page and the covers misted…. now I just need to decide where to go with it!

Was scared to try fearing about the paper…lol…BUT once you go there…there is no tuing back. Plus there is always the other side of the paper. or a layer over something you don't like!!! Or even make flowers out of it if it doesn't tu out!!!
      Lisa you inspired me to get out of the box with the molding paste!! Thanks…….

Joualing directly on my lo. Other than putting the date or maybe the names of the people or place down in the coer of my lo, I am afraid of writing directly on my lo. I'm afraid I will spell something wrong or my penmanship will be awful and ruin all the work I did.

Definitely the misting and stencils. I have not been able to master it and it frustrates me no end. Gonna have to watch some YouTube tutorials or something – I WILL GET THE HANG OF IT! 🙂

We will have to get together!!! We can mist and stencil and get messy together!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

My most recent fear/apprehension has been Art Joualing……sooooo when given some new product to work with……I chose to try it out by Art Joualing…….and can I say……I think I have FALLEN IN LOVE!!

The beauty of creating is……..there is NO wrong or right way…..it all about enjoying and experiencing the jouey!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

[quote]

We will have to get together!!! We can mist and stencil and get messy together!!
          [/quote]

i am right there with you 2. It also scares the crap out of me

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I must say it's misting and stencils that I'm always afraid to try. I love how they look on other peoples work but the few times I've tried just doesn't seem to work for me.

I also always love seeing people joualing in their own handwriting but mine is always so messy these days with my hands being so numb from my MS – I don't want to mess up my layout so I usually just print it out on my computer on cardstock.

believe it or not, but I have troubles with butterflies and bling. I feel like I always mis-placed them.

Steph, I'm so sorry to hear about your hands sweetie. Fact is…. (and please don't take this wrong) I do like the messy handwritings.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Was scared to try fearing about the paper…lol…BUT once you go there…there is no tuing back. Plus there is always the other side of the paper. or a layer over something you don't like!!! Or even make flowers out of it if it doesn't tu out!!! Lisa you inspired me to get out of the box with the molding paste!! Thanks…….

awww, thanks!!!  *blushing*

I wouldn't consider myself AFRAID of trying anything really. I am always up to try something, now, whether or not it works out and I include it in rotation of techniques is another story!

Misting is still hard for me! I am always afraid it is just not going to look right and I have a hard time living with the drips! LOL! I also have been putting off molding paste and I don't know why. I have the molding paste, I LOVE the results everyone has been getting with it, I guess I just figure I will goof it up! Maybe that will be my goal for this month, to use some molding paste!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I wouldn't consider myself AFRAID of trying anything really. I am always up to try something, now, whether or not it works out and I include it in rotation of techniques is another story!

I'm right here with you Manda! Or sometimes I have trouble remembering the technique to try it again.

Yes, that can be an issue for me too, once I lea it, it better be easy, cause if not, I won't do it again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.