Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/19/2013: All about Masks/Stencils

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

How many masks and stencils do you have? Do you actually use them? What is your favorite medium to use with them? Do you have an absolute favorite one?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

too many to count..he he. Yes I use them, some more than others. My favorite medium is Super Heavy Gesso, Modeling paste amd Ferro

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Way too many to count. I am using them more. My favorite medium to use is the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste.

I think I have 15 masks/stencils. My favorite is an old Prima coer flourish. I love using modeling paste or just mists, but I need to get more adventurous! As soon at the TH layering stencils come out, I will own more stencils!!! LOL!

I have an entire box filled with them. I use them with paint, mists, pastes, pencils, watercolors, crayons, mediums etc.
          Some of my favorites right now come from Stencil Girl
          http://stencilgirlproducts.com

I have soooo many but I rarely use them. I actually won many Prima ones (that is the only reason I have a lot) – but my favourite is Crafter's Workshop script one. I have used that one a few times… just with white gesso. Honestly ladies, you know I'm not a goop/messy hands girl — but I am slowly incorporating more into my projects.

I have a ton of them, I have no idea how many masks and stencils I actually have….A LOT. :p

I like to use mist mostly, but also a nice thick texture paste is good.

My favorite is also the CW script one, I love it!

I have a few. (not enough) Mostly I use Gesso or modeling paste or the cool mediums that come in the Medium AddOn.

I love the CW mini tile texture one, and I recently got the Grandma's doily one which I love too!
          The Prima stencils are so delicate, you have to be REALLY CAREFUL whilst cleaning. (and I don't like that)

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I have a ton from the crafters workshop. Stencils that is. No masks. I have tim holtz one now that I think about….
            I use molding paste usually, and for color, I use my distress inks and dylusions sprays. I also like to use the big brush pens with the stencils too! I'm not the best at drawing, so I like to outline my images using the stencils.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I have maybe 15-20 stencils and masks–most are Crafters Workshop and Stencil Girl and my fav right now is a peacock feather one. Probably my all-time fav is fractured flower by Julie Fei Fan Balzer. I use them alot with 3D stencil paint and modeling paste but bead gel is great too.

I would have about 15 and love to use them. Having boys and not using a lot of flowers on male pages I find they are great to use. I usually use them with any paste that is dimensional

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I am too embarrassed to admit to how many I have. As far as favorite mediums, I guess I'd have to say super heavy gesso, modeling paste, Ferro, the Wendy Vecchi paste….
                Funny, looking at this, I just realized that it's been a long, long time since I used any kind of ink with my stencils. No reason in particular, I guess whatever I'm doing feels like goop to me.

As far as my favorite, I do have a swirly from Layers of Color that I adore. I've also been using a lot of my Prima stencils lately.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

OK…so big confession…I just figured out the difference between a mask and stencil this summer…at camp actually. I thought the 2 terms were synonymous…tus out…not really. LOL

I have less than 10 I'd say. I love them to pieces!!!

My favs are stencils…not so much the masks. I like them best with 3d mediums like thick gesso, embossing paste, modeling paste, etc. rather than the mists. The mists just tend to not show the detail like I prefer.

However I did create a page and used pigment ink over a swirly border mask from Prima and OMG!! It was PHENOMENAL!!! So crisp and clear!! I love the way it tued out.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I am OBSESSED with stencils right now! I have a lot of the Crafter's Workshop ones and I have just pre-ordered some of the new Tim Holtz stencils – can't wait for those to come in! I have actually just started to use my stencils – mainly with molding paste. I'm all about creating texture on my pages lately…

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I have a lot of them from various makers. I used to only use mists on them, but that was a long time ago. Now there are so many more products out there with the mixed media craze…I have so much to lea!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.