Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/4/2014 Do you scrap a pic more than once? Why/why not?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I know some people frown against this. Seriously, I don't see what the big deal is. I do it all the time! If I have a picture that I love and it inspires me, yes I'll use it again! Even if it's the 3rd or 4th time. I figure when I die, they can bu it all or split it amongst my kids. To me, it's about creating now and having fun doing it with the faces I love!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I agree. I scrap my favorite pics A LOT. I don't care what other people think. I scrap for fun; I'm not making albums with a theme or scrapping my pics in order of when they were taken. I started that way, and it was too much pressure. Scrapping, for me at least, shouldn't be a job with completion goals.

Besides that, my mom takes a lot of my pages, so I want the pics scrapped for me too. 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I can and have scrapped the same picture several times.

I agree with both Ang and Rae. If it inspires me, why not. This is my hobby and there are no rules.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I think it's totally fine to use a photo more than once. It's neat to see the different ways they can be used. I haven't done it (yet), but only because it seems like I've always got a new photo I want to use. (The grand-kids are an endless source for me.)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with this; if I like a photo, why not rescrap it in a different way?

I guess it would make sense if you're doing something like Project Life (or whatever it's called), but I look at a sheet of paper (or two or three) and maybe some embellies and maybe a sketch and suddenly a photo comes to mind that would be perfect.

Rae, I started with the same idea: a family history of sorts. I guess I get sidetracked too easily or something.

I scrap my pics more than once =) In different ways with different thoughts around the page.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Well, some people do have a problem with it (I saw some cattiness about that on sb.com a while back.). I try to rotate them, so it doesn't look like I'm always scrapping the same stuff, not that it matters. I think that people get sick of seeing the same pics, but that's because those pictures don't have any meaning to the complainers.

It's our craft, and we can do what we want. I have knit the same socks several times.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

It's our craft, and we can do what we want. I have knit the same socks several times.

This cracked me up!

I have scrapped the same pic before. Usually, because I am doing LO's for others and I want one for me also. Sometimes a paper line comes along and it is even more perfect for the photo than what I used before. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Sure I scrap the same photo more than once because, I can! LOL! Since I don't have children, my supply of photos can be rather limited, the supply is not quickly renewed. And I love to scrap vintage photos and I only have so many of those, so sure, scrap 'em again. I love seeing my different takes on the same photo.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I don't do it often, but have and no doubt will again. I am not sure why people care about what other people scrap anyway. There can be all kinds of reasons like many of you have mentioned. The ones I am mostly likely to do are ones of myself since there are so few of those pics that I like. !lol Or Heritage pics, there are 15 cousins in my family and very few photos of our grandparents and beyond so the same pic will be used a lot.

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Well, some people do have a problem with it (I saw some cattiness about that on sb.com a while back.). I try to rotate them, so it doesn't look like I'm always scrapping the same stuff, not that it matters. I think that people get sick of seeing the same pics, but that's because those pictures don't have any meaning to the complainers.

Some people just need a punch in the throat! Who friggin cares what pics we scrap!?! They can kiss my big a$$! I have some pics that are just such faves of mine that I have used them a few times and will use again. One is of my grandie for the butterfly challenge I just did.

There are just certain pics that are so precious and timeless you gravitate to them. I also can't deal with chronological pic scrapping. I scrap what I feel at the moment.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

[quote]

Some people just need a punch in the throat! Who friggin cares what pics we scrap!?! They can kiss my big a$$! I have some pics that are just such faves of mine that I have used them a few times and will use again. One is of my grandie for the butterfly challenge I just did.

There are just certain pics that are so precious and timeless you gravitate to them. I also can't deal with chronological pic scrapping. I scrap what I feel at the moment.
                          [/quote]

Totally agree, girlfriend!

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

[quote]

[/quote]
                            BRAVO!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.