Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 9/10/12………

This topic contains 93 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Having just come off our latest blog hop……I am curious…..How did you come across Swirlydoos???
      What do you like best about Swirlydoos?? If there was one thing you could change…..what would it be???

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I found swirlydoos throught Robin aka Krissy's mother when I followed her here from sb.c. I have been a member from the beginning and love it here. the ladies are warm and friendly. We are all willing to help each other. If I could change one thing I like to see more action on the boards

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I found Swirlydoos through a number of people at sb.com, I would see their layouts and cards etc and they would mention they had used Swirlydoos kits so I had to come by and check out Swirlydoos myself. I have not been able to afford the kits yet but love to lea all these great techniques etc from everyone and to look at all the beautiful work!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I found swirlydoos through Robin Shakoor's blog. She was a member t the time. I love tht the kits aren't geared towards people with kids. There are 2 things I would change, 1 would be more action on the forums, the other would be a wider range of subjects (more self portraits, vintage, masculine, travel, less kids) in the dt layouts. I love the dt work, but i just don't scrap kids.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

So, you don't like to see pics of my kids, Kim? WELL. I. NEVER. (LMFAO!)

I found this fabulous community by seeing Robin's layouts at sb.com Robin is my scrap idol. I LOVE her designs!
              I've been getting the kits since May of the first year.
              What I like best, is that this is my scrappy home, and I have made many friends here, and I love them to pieces.
              If I could change one thing, it would be more participation on the boards and in the challenges.

I have been Designing for Swirlydoos since the second kit…March 2009…Someone at SB.com suggested I try out for Guest Design spot. I emailed Krissy my application and 2 days later I was in!! I even saved the email!! lol…One month tued into 2, 2 into 3 and before I knew it I realized I had been Guest designing for 3 months… I asked Krissy how much longer was my month long GT spot was going to go on and she emailed me back that I was a keeper…If I chose to stay on. The rest is history.

Like Kathi, I followed Robin over here! I missed the first two kits, then bought the next two and joined after that. This is my first and only kit club and I love it! Everyone is so friendly and I have leaed so much here. This is the first place I come in the moing and the last place before going to be at night and usually a few times during the day!

Someday I hope to meet some of my swirly sisters in person! The only thing I would change is more partcipation in the forums and challenges.

I had seen all the DT designs over at SB.com but for the longest time designed for another kit club. I am so glad that once I resigned, LisaV contacted me. Now, i've been with the cream of the crop for 8 months and love it.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I found Swirlydoos through my sweet friend Lisa, she is such an amazing artist and friend!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I saw all of the gorgeous pages over at sb.com and knew this was the place I wanted to be.

For real, I can't remember if it was Lisa or Robin that I followed here (or both)! I just loved the layouts with the kits from the start and to be able to hang with scrappers whose work I had loved for so long was a no brainer!

I do wish that the forums were more active. New people will intro themselves and NEVER post. There are even DT members who do not participate in the forums much.

It would be nice to maybe branch out from the normal Swirly style and have a few more masculine kits and travel-related kits. I love to scrap my kids, but I also love to scrap other topics as well!

I have been here since kit 2 I think, and I just can't pull myself away! (Even after a DT stint elsewhere I came RUNNING back!!)

I would LOVE to see a serious artist geared addon that included different mediums, nicer brand acrylics, mists, inks and artist pallets with canvases and such….like a mixed-media add on!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

So, you don't like to see pics of my kids, Kim? WELL. I. NEVER. (LMFAO!)

I found this fabulous community by seeing Robin's layouts at sb.com Robin is my scrap idol. I LOVE her designs!
                    I've been getting the kits since May of the first year.
                    What I like best, is that this is my scrappy home, and I have made many friends here, and I love them to pieces.
                    If I could change one thing, it would be more participation on the boards and in the challenges.

You know I love your babies like they are my own. I'd rather hang with them in person. That means, i'd get to hang with you as well.

Christy and I are both active on another forum. I had recently dropped a different kit club membership and was looking for a club with the newest coolest products hitting the market, and as I love Christy's layouts anyway, asked her where she got them and she sent me here! And boy, do we all get the newest coolest goodies in each and every kit!!! Krissy rocks!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I started scrapping in the 90's with Creative Memories but was getting really bored with it and thinking of quitting. I did some on line searches and came across several sites with a vintage style that I loved. I decided I wanted to join a kit club and checked out several. Have to admit I loved the name Swirlydoos and had to check it out based on that alone, but really loved what I saw when I got here.

I love how helpful and supportive everyone is and love that I have had the chance to meet several of the Swirly members.

I know the forums and challenges used to be so much more active and I miss that, but at the same time I know I haven't been on as much as I was (since I now have a job that doesn't have as much downtime to allow for surfing). I also really miss Robin and her work – hope she will be able to retu someday she was always such an inspiration.

I found swirlydoos through Robin Shakoor's blog. She was a member t the time. I love tht the kits aren't geared towards people with kids. There are 2 things I would change, 1 would be more action on the forums, the other would be a wider range of subjects (more self portraits, vintage, masculine, travel, less kids) in the dt layouts. I love the dt work, but i just don't scrap kids.

hee, hee – will keep this in mind 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.