Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 9/16/2013 – Designing with Stick Pins

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

OK, so Krissy often puts beautiful stick pins in our kits (recently some gorgeous Pelaloo sets in a few kits)… but how do you incorporate these into your designs? Are stick pins a go-to item in your stash? Personally, I struggle with using these gorgeous embellishments. Post your examples here!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I love using stick pins. I usually put them in flower clusters or holding a coer down. I personally don't like the Petaloo and Prima ones. Guess, I'm spoiled because I make my own and find the others quality disappointing. I do really like the Maya Road Pearl ones she usually puts in the kits.

[img:width=600&height=595]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379348948_12_FT220387_100_9290_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=590]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379348948_12_FT220387_100_9613_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379348948_12_FT220387_15_.jpg[/img]

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Ang, you are the queen of stick pins. I love how you use yours.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I love them, but keep forgetting that I have them to use. Maybe I need to move them closer to my work table.

I love using stick pins! I usually use them in flower clusters, like Angelica showed, but I also like to stick the smaller ones in doilies. Her I used some of the pearl ones that we got in a kit. I have also done this with oate chippie frames.
          normal_Nov_RR_2012.jpg

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Ang, you are the queen of stick pins. I love how you use yours.

Thank you, Kim! !heart

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Love the doily idea, Cheryl!! Going to have to do that!

beautiful examples – gotta get mine out now, LOL.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I have some pretty stick pins that Angelica sent me for a rak but I always forget to use them and when I do remember I have them I'm never quite sure where to put them. I will have to try and use them in the flower clusters like you've done Angelica. All of the samples are so pretty!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I use stickpins from time to time and most always in flower clusters. Like Kim I forget I have them so I need to put them in plain sight so I remember them. Here's a layout I used a stickpin.

[img:width=500&height=496]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1379359019_2593_FT220387_our_wedding–the_parents_500x496.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I'm going to echo Kim:
                    I keep on forgetting to use them. Or sometimes, I just don't know what to do with them.
                    I do know that I should use them much more often; they make such a beautiful embellishment.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I started making a point to use them but I have to echo Kim…Ang…You are the stick pin queen honey. You are who I stalk when I am looking for stick pin inspiration. LOL

I love stick pins. I got hooked on making them last year. I have my eye on the new Spellbinders hat pins.

Ang, girl you are the stick pin queen.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I have bought a couple from Angelica's etsy site (she makes the most beautiful stick pins and butterflies!), but I haven't used them yet. I'm not sure why I haven't used them – it's like I'm hoarding them!

Snagg1
                          Send PM

We all have the hoarding issues Lisa! I'm still hoarding some of Angelica's butterflies too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.