Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 9/18/12…….

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I so am not good at this…..I can ask my kids a thousand questions….but this….

Having said all that…….
      What is your favorite technique that you just find yourself using over and over again???
      Do you think you could create a project/layout without using it??

I used to ink everything……my Ink Blending tool was always by my side and my distress inks on my craft table…..it was part of my signature. Then one day…..I just kinda stopped using them. I never thought I could do that. It's been a few months now…..I pull them out occasionally but I don't use them on every project. I NEVER thought I could do that!! I did and survived!!! hehehe

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

It's a toss-up between inky edges and using my grid ruler to line it all up straight…. although lately I've been ceering a bit away from both. Who knos? A new technique may emerge!

Lynne, I definitely ink everything and distress the edges. I can't do a page without doing both.

I almost always ink the edges of something on my LO's, so my chestnut roan cat eye or the TH blending tool is always out on my table.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I ink and distress everything also. I use to use ribbon and eyelets alot… not so much anymore!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I ink just about everything too. But … the two other things which sit on the desk and never get put away are my Gold Calligraphy Pen – great for edges too and my water sprtizing bottle (now got three!) as you guys have taught me to ultra distress everything!

I'd be lost without my Zutter Distrezz-it-all – my most used tool other than the basic (scissors, paper trimmer etc.)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I love my distress tool and distress inks, I pretty much distress on all of my layouts and cards!

Me too love to distress and inking but also need to use Gesso all the time.

Lynne… seriously? You are not using your distress inks anymore?

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Me too love to distress and inking but also need to use Gesso all the time.

Lynne… seriously? You are not using your distress inks anymore?

I know isn't that CRAAAAAAAZY??? I wouldn't say anymore…..just RARELY!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Paint, paint, paint, lol!

I have been using A LOT more paint lately. And other types of ink, not just my distress inks. I def still use them often, but I am loving the Prima chalks, Twinkling h2Os, Magical Micas, the Studio acrylics etc.

I usually do some kind of distressing of edges.

Creating my own flowers..And for someone (me) who is such a Prima Flower Whoreder, I dont know why I keep creating my own!!

Paint, paint, paint, lol!

I want to do more of what you do..The last 2 layouts, I brought out my thick gesso and credit card and covered the beautiful Prima paper…Can ya tell!!! Thanks Heidi for the inspiration!!

[img:width=600&height=591]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1348001448_55_FT175116_angels_among_us_sm_.jpg[/img]

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Not sure if it is a technique per se, but I loooooooove molding paste.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.