Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff a Canvas using August Swirly goodies

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I bought a couple canvases last week for half off at a local craft store, and the 20×20 one has such a cool texture to it that I knew it had to be a cool piece of wall art. I dug out a couple of 8X10s, trimmed them down a tad, and went from there. The canvas was painted with Claudine Hellmuth paints (love those, btw), then some Glimmer Glam. Layered the photos on Bo Bunny Et Cetera papers from my Swirlydoos kit and painted the edge of them with some Glimmer Glaze. Finished it off with two swirly coers from the Tattered Angels canvas pieces, colored with TH Distress Stain. Adhered everything to the canvas with bookbinding glue…. nothing is EVER coming off! 😆 😆 😆 I think it tued out pretty well….

Sorry for the slight blur… was a quick picture taken with my phone camera this moing! I'll post a picture in the gallery when I have a chance to take a better picture with my camera.

IMG_20110926_064829-1.jpg

Snagg1
      Send PM

That is gorgeous Monica! love the photos and the statement.

Thanks Lisa! The Et Cetera papers were just perfect for this… gotta love it when you get the perfect kit for your photos.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh how glitter-licious! I love the blue background

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Love it!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Oh, Monica, that is sooooo pretty!!!! You're right about the Et Cetera papers & I love the refreshing blues of the canvas!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Wow This is beautiful Monica.

Aww…. thanks! You all make me blush! Canvases & wall art are my latest thing… pretty much everything I've done that wasn't a card or a gift for someone has been hung on the wall this year.

Wow Monica. Your canvas technique is awesome!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Beautiful

Wow Monica… that is beautiful. Love your background!!!

Thanks, Paulien…. it's really just some Claudine Hellmuth paints blended and slapped on there, then toned down just a tad with some random gesso swipe. Easy peasy. ;) I had forgotten how freeing it can be to just play with paint and not worry about the end result.

ETA: I blended Smidge of Blue and Blank Canvas to make the graduated color… those old AOL discs that used to fill my mailbox make a rockin' palette for mixing paints and they wash off easily.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Monica, that's amazing!! And I can see all the sparkleys!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Cool canvas Monica!!!

I love it!!! Beautiful work Monica!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.