Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Daily chit-chat

This topic contains 6,597 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 day, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,556 through 6,570 (of 6,598 total)
  • Author
    msjan1
    msjan1
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Me!!!! I’m gonna work on RR and some other scrappy things. Super Bowl here at home.

Merrihew
      Merrihew
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

DS is coming up tomorrow and staying overnight. I am looking forward to his visit. I don’t think he will be able to stay for the Super Bowl. I am planning on getting scrappy Sunday afternoon. I want to work on the “Delicate” sketch challenge and maybe play with a couple of sketches that I didn’t get to do in the past. DH and I are planning on watching the game here at home.

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I watching at home with dh. I did a bit of scrapping this weekend.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

msjan1
          msjan1
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Got some munchies ready for Super Bowl. Hubs went fishing before church so he’s at the dock cleaning his fish while I finish up the ATF with the latest kit. Gotta hurry up before game starts. Then gonna work on tutorial videos while the game is on (I hope).

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Wow! That was quite a game! I didn’t get too much scrapping done, because I kept coming out to see what was going on, so finally, I just sat down and watched! LOL!

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

LOL, I have a confession to make – I only stayed up through half-time and went to bed, thinking that it just wasn’t that good a game. Fooled me, huh??????
                Loved the half-time show, Lady Gaga was amazing!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

StephD
                StephD
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I don’t really care about football but even I watched it, I caouldn’t believe that last quarter, it was crazy. I liked Lady GaGa’s performance. I can’t believe people were body shaming her for her tiny little tummy, saying she’s fat. I wish I could have a fat tummy like hers, people can be so ignorant!

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Well, we dodged a bullet here – we had a Nor’easter with 10″ of snow predicted, starting with sleet.
                    I had to drive to work in the sleet and my knuckles were totally white by the time I got there, but that was the worst of it. We have about 2″ of snow total and now the sun is out.

I’m planning on working on Bec’s card challenge today after I’m done with grocery shopping and other errands.

Merrihew
                    Merrihew
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I wondered how hard your area was getting hit, Peggy! I’m glad it was not as bad as expected!

We made a mad dash to the hospital to spend some time with dh’s mom. She is o.k. now. They are having to make a change in her medication and hopefully that will take care of the dizziness, plus she needs to keep better hydrated!

StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Well while we were having all of this snow for the past week and a half my dh was so diligent about keep the driveway clear. When he left for work Thursday morning he had to scrap another foot off off his truck in the morning that had no snow on it the night before.It snowed all day yesterday finally stopping about 5pm. My poor dh didn’t get home until 9:30 last night and he was going to try and clean the driveway again and I told him don’t worry just go have your dinner and relax. Rick had to leave early this morning to go down Island for work which was suppose to be an overnighter. So today I get up and do my usual Friday routine of cleaning the house. I didn’t get finished that until aboyut 2pm and I get all organized to do some grocery shopping and dropping off my computer t get fixed. Out I go to the garage, open up the garage door and there’s over a foot of snow on the other side of the door. So I spent the next 2½ hours cleaning the driveway so I could get out. Now it’s just to bad that the city didn’t bother cleaning the side roads so I got out of our driveway great but the road was like trying to drive theough elephant snot. At least the main roads were clear but I didn’t get home until about 5:30pm. I’m really not impressed with Mother Nature these days. I’m so happy the weather has warmed up and the snow is melting but there’s so much of it, it will be awhile until it’s gone. I don’t know how you poor people who get snow like this in the winter all the time and have to deal with it. Must be the only time in my 63 years that I’m wishing for rain, lol. Okay I’ve done enough whinning now, lol.

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Cheryl, I’m so sorry about your MIL; I do hope that the new meds make a difference.

Steph, you’re really getting socked this year, aren’t you? How we cope is that we have a LOT of winters like that, so we just have a lot more snow removal equipment and the roads get cleared a lot faster. It has to suck being on a back road, because you’re an afterthought once the main roads are totally clear.

Rain, wind here, we’ve just been too warm for the other stuff so far. I’m saying “so far”; a mid-March blizzard is normal and we don’t put the shovels away until late April just in case.

Well, I’m just about done with the January kit. I stopped to make a few cards for Bec’s challenge (still need to take photos, also of a couple more layouts) and now to use the odds and ends on some cards and tags. I should be totally cleared up by late mid-week.

lindapekrul
                          lindapekrul
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

We were -21 last week, but are now a balmy +1! We love our chinooks here in Alberta, although they bring a lot of migraine headaches and vertigo with them as well! I feel bad for you Steph, Peggy’s right… when you get lots of snow all the time, you have the equipment on hand and ready to go. We got tons of snow last week but it is quickly melting now… you have to watch where you walk because it’s pretty icy… and it’s always the patch that you don’t notice that brings you down! Yikes.

Our plans for the week got changed, so I am going to do some scrappy work and laundry today!

Peggy, you need to give me some organization lessons… you always get so much accomplished with your kits! I find I have the best of intentions, but I get diverted by Facebook and other internet distractions. Hours can disappear on me. It’s something that I’m working to change this year!

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Linda, to be honest, I’m determined to stay offline for great chunks of time; it’s the only way I can get anything done!!!

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Linda I do the same thing, I go online to look for one thing or to check Facebook quickly and all of a sudden hours go by and its time to get to bed. I think I need to do like you Peggy and force myself to stay off the computer.

Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Hoping to get some scrapping done in the next day or two.
                                  Our warm spell is over, so the windows are closed and I’d rather be indoors again, lol.

Who has weekend plans?
                                  Trips?
                                  Scrapping?
                                  Shopping?

Viewing 15 posts - 6,556 through 6,570 (of 6,598 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.