Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Daily chit-chat

This topic contains 6,677 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 20 hours, 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,571 through 6,585 (of 6,678 total)
  • Author
    Merrihew
    Merrihew
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

DH and I took an unexpected road trip yesterday to pick up pick up some supplies. A 12 hour road trip! We actually enjoy these roads trips. It gives us a lot of uninterrupted visiting time! 🙂
      I did get a call while we were driving and found out that 2 of my dgds are going to spend the weekend with us! I am going to pick them up this morning. I am looking forward to a lot of fun and laughter this weekend! We do have a project they are working on for some artwork for their mom’s office. Can’t wait!

droopidog
      droopidog
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

It Friday ladies, I can smell the weekend and I have a 3 day one at that.

I’m going to do some scrapping tonight. Tomorrow is girls night out and we are going to a Chicago Bulls game. Sunday will be the usual, scrapping, laundry and cleaning. Monday is my extra day off, so It will be scrapping with a Dr appointment thrown in for good measure.

Oh, did I mention dh is out of town, so I don’t have to cook if I don’t want 🙂

Kim
        My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
        http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

droopidog
        droopidog
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Cheryl, sounds like a great weekend.

Kim
          My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
          http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Cheryl and Kim you both have excellent weekends coming up. (Love the don’t have to cook, somehow, lol)
            I just cannot imagine a 12 hour drive – 6 or 7 one way is a lot for me, and that’s only if I’m staying for a few days.

Cheryl, what is the project that you all will be working on?

Kim, enjoy the game and the entire night out!!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Cheryl sounds like you’re going to have some good quality time with the grands!

Kim you sound like me when my dh is out of town, I love not having to cook, just eat whatever, whenever, lol. Have fun on your girls night out!

Peggy I’m with you on the long drives. About the longest I do is the 2 hour drive down island to catch the ferry to the mainland, which is another 2 hours but at least I can sit and read a book & not drive.

This weekend I hope to get to finishing a project for my son’s wedding in June. I’m making a card box for them. It will look like a 3 tier wedding cake (round). I’m covering each box with white satin.The top box will have an opening for people to drop their cards into and then I’ll have red roses going from the top to the bottom of the cake on one side. I’ll have some white flowers going amongst the roses. I’m hoping to find some navy blue wired ribbon that I can weave through all the flowers. The kids colors are navy blue and red. Of course I have this plan but I’m sure something will come up to interupt my crafting time, lol.

Have a great weekend everyone!

lindapekrul
              lindapekrul
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Cheryl… That’s one of my favorite things about you…whether you’re taking a 12 hour road trip or cooking for 20 people… you enjoy it all!

Enjoy your quiet weekend of scrapping and no cooking Kim. It sounds very relaxing.

Peggy… your weekend sounds like it will be a scrappy good relaxing time as well. Enjoy! Congratulations again on making the design team. You’re gonna rock it!

Steph… your card box sounds gorgeous. Be sure and post photos when you get it done! Is the wedding in BC? It will be so pretty there in June!

Our plans for the weekend got changed… and it’s wide open for me to scrap now. I have so many things I want to do that I don’t know where to get started. Bec’s card challenge for sure. I just enrolled in Finnibair’s online class, so I might start that. I need to come up with a project for my little girls’ class next Saturday. I’m rearranging and organizing my craft room.. so I could do that. I’m also taking a Copic colouring class… so…maybe! Hmmm…too many choices for fun…wish every weekend was like that!

Enjoy yourselves Swirly friends!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Steph, your project sounds amazing; promise to take a few pics for us to see (please?)!

Linda, I saw the promos for Finnibair’s class, it sure looks interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing your projects.
                  And Copic class. And rearranging the craft room? I think you’ve got plenty to keep you busy, enjoy!!!

Kathi
                  Kathi
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I signed up for Finn’s class as well, so will be going thru the video’s. Have to finish the laundry and get started on the card challenge

take time to smell the roses

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Okay, that’s two of you who will have plenty to share 🙂 (Please?)

msjan1
                      msjan1
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Sounds like a lot of fun stuff for everyone this weekend!

Steph, that card box sounds like it will be beautiful.

You guys have to share your Finn projects. Man, I loved her class at ArtVenture. I bought her waxes and the new sparks paints. Those sparks paints are awesome!

I scrapped this weekend, too. So much fun!!!

We had to go out of town for a funeral for my uncle last weekend. I made an 8×8 interactive album for my aunt with 44 pictures included. There is room for her to add more. She loved it and now another aunt that is a widow wants me to make her one. They are so fun. Oh, and the first aunt gave me 55 stamp sets, 10 inks, glitters, a whole case of embellies, papers, paint brushes, daubers, and other stuff because I offered to make his navy album. Even though I have 55 of her stamp sets it did NOT make a dent in all the stuff she has!

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Your Aunt is a Scrappy Hoarder???? Oh, I love her!!! and I guess we now know where you get it, lol.

I’ve pulled out some canvases (is that how you spell it? whatever) and my Love Letters kit. I’m off to work today and it’s gonna be a long one, but the visions are swirling in my head.

msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Um…yea! She is big time!

Sounds like you have an awesome day planned, Peggy.

StephD
                            StephD
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Jan how cool to have Aunt that shares all of her scrappy hoarding with you!

Peggy I can’t wait to see what you do with the new kit!

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

So, what’s up with everyone this weekend? After a record mild winter, we’re having a miserable March. Snow yesterday and a Nor’easter expected on Tuesday. Meanwhile, it’s COLD!!! with wind chills making it below 10°.
                                A good day to stay indoors and scrap, right? I have several more layouts done – just need to get out the camera – and now for some cards for Bec’s challenge…

Steph – thanks so much for posting your card box project on Facebook – it’s absolutely gorgeous!!!! Did it take long to make? I’m so in love with the waterfall of roses…

StephD
                                StephD
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Peggy I think we’ve got your winter weather this year. It’s been so cold and so much snow. We even had snow this past week, we never get snow in March! Usually at this time of the year all the cherry trees are blossoming and crocuses and daffodills are all in bloom! I’m not impressed with Mother Nature at all!

Thanks Peggy, I was really happy that the card box turned out the way I had imagined it, that never really happens for me, lol. It took me about 3 nights to do it. Now I’m going to be working on their quest tags for the tables at the reception.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 6,571 through 6,585 (of 6,678 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.