Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Daily chit-chat

This topic contains 6,627 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,586 through 6,600 (of 6,628 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Steph, you HAVE been hit badly this year, haven’t you?
      We just may be making up for it in a few days – they’ve predicted a bad Nor’easter starting tomorrow night and going through all day Tuesday, expecting 6″ – 12″ of snow. I’m obviously hoping that they’re wrong, but mid-March blizzards are the norm here in the Northeast.

I’ve started to play with the granite heart that came in the February kit; one of the papers gave me the idea…

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

What???? No weekend plans???? You can’t ALL be suffering from too much St. Patrick’s Day!!!!
        Speaking of which, Paul & I will be heading off to PA in about 2 hours for a family celebration. I haven’t seen the grandchildren in person for a while, so I’m really looking forward to it.
        Right now, I’m putting the finishing touches on a project from the Main Kit.
        I’m scheduled off from work tomorrow, so I’ll be working on the Project Kit; let’s cross fingers that my dithering is held down to a minimum.

Anyone else (1)celebrating and/or (2)scrapping?

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Well, I just got back yesterday from spending most of the week with my two “tweenage” dgds. Oh My! They are so busy with homework, school organizations, youth group, gymnastics, piano lessons…I felt like we met ourselves coming and going. We had a great time though! About 2 hours after I arrived home, my ds and family arrived to spend the weekend. They are here preparing for that “new beginning” that I said was coming later this year. They are moving to the ranch and we are having a house built and moved in for them. So they are getting some fences moved and staking out the size and shape to get ready for the basement to go in. We are so excited! DH is looking forward to some help and to start handing over the reins. I am looking forward to 6 of my grandkids living next door! Hopefully, they will be able to get moved in by the time school starts. What a busy, chaotic summer we are going to have! 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Merrihew Merrihew.
          Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Cheryl, this is such wonderful news – one of the best “new beginning”s that I’ve ever heard! So nice that you and DH can start taking it easier, so nice that your family will be so near and best of all, so good that the place will stay in the family for one more generation!!!!

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Cheryl that’s going to be great having your family right next door. Hopefully you guys can have some relaxing time now.

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Tomorrow morning (5:00 a.m) I leave to meet my sister and sis-in-law for a scrapbook retreat. My sis-in-law is the director for this retreat and we will be her helpers, so I’m not sure how much I will really get done! I have the last 2 swirly kits packed and the list of challenges, so my goal is to get them all done! Fingers crossed. DD#2 will be there for part of the retreat too. I can’t wait to get there!

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Sounds like a good weekend, Cheryl, and if you can get some scrapping in, it’ll be a perfect one!

Who else has plans?

droopidog
                  droopidog
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Cheryl, what a great thing to have your family so close and to be able to turn things over to them. Hope things stay on schedule for you guys. Also have fun at your retreat.

I’ve been busy working with the March kit and add-ons for reveal. This kit is so amazing.

Kim
                    My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Kim, you are so right!!!!!

I’m working on another layout and a card or two; I need to rephotograph one project; I just cannot get the lighting right and it’s driving me nuts, lol.

One more project after that, for a tutorial later on; I hope to get that done by mid-week.

StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Well we had an interesting weekend. My 14 yr old grandson Scott came out of the closet to all of us. We’ve all been pretty sure for a while now that he was gay but he had to come out on his own. I’m so proud of him for how he informed all of his friends and us. He just seems so much happier now and I love him so much. We just hope that there will not be any ignorant people out there that will cause him any problems.

So other than that my weekend was pretty boring, lol. My husband has been working down on the mainland (Vancouver) for the last week and a half. He flew down on March 8th for what was suppose to be 2 days and he’s still there and will probably be there for the next week. He’s pretty much been working 12 hour days. He did manage to get last Sunday off so he got to see the kids and grandson Liam. No such luck today though, he started at 7am and didn’t get back to the hotel until 10pm tonight. One good thing is the money is really good with all the overtime and live out allowance etc, it will help pay for a new roof we need this summer. I’ve actually been enjoying the peace and quiet. I can hang out in my craft room with out anyone bugging me, lol. Well I hope everyone has a great week!

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Steph, sending wishes for all the best to your DGS. It’s a different world out there and I have a feeling that with the support of family and friends, he’ll be fine.

BTW, I loved your FB video and that mini that you created is stunning!!!! How long did it take you to put it all together?

StephD
                          StephD
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Thanks Peggy. I started working on the mini album at the beginning of December. I basically had everything cut out and the pages made but I couldn’t put the cover papers on until I got my little magnets I ordered off of eBay. I bought them Dec 16th from a company in China and I found out when they say “coming on a slow boat from China” they mean slowwwwww! I just got them in the mail on March 17th so I spent that weekend putting it all together.

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

LOL, yes shipments from China CAN be slow and sometimes they arrive in a blink of an eye. I think it’s all about customs; there’s really no way of predicting how long that will take.
                              Anyway, your magnets were worth the wait – I just love this mini to bits!!!!

Cold and rain and I actually woke up to thunder this morning. A perfect day to work on a tutorial here…

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Well, I’ve heard rumors that some of you are enjoying Spring. Not me – it’s been cold and rainy for the past few days. I really can’t complain; I know that some of you are seeing snow out your windows.
                                So – who among the more fortunate have outdoor plans this weekend?
                                And what are the rest of you doing? I’m finishing up a mini & tutorial and then I’ll be using some scraps for Bec’s card challenge.

Merrihew
                                Merrihew
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

I really don’t have any outdoor plans. I hope to do some scrapping this weekend. I have a couple of LO’s that I started and I would like to get them finished and work on Bec’s card challenge. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 6,586 through 6,600 (of 6,628 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.