Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Daily chit-chat

This topic contains 6,677 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 20 hours, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,616 through 6,630 (of 6,678 total)
  • Author
    StephD
    StephD
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Well it’s our Victoria Day long weekend coming up here this weekend. There will be lots of festivities going on in town. Not sure how much we’ll be doing since my dh will be working on our holiday Monday, but that’s ok as he’ll be getting double time for that. I think we may have a BBQ on Sunday with my in-laws and a couple of friends.

The weather all over the place is just crazy with people having snow and as Peggy said they’re getting 90F at her side of the US. Our weather has finally gotten back to normal temps for this time of the year. I managed to get my lettuce seedlings that I’ve been growing indoors planted in my veggie garden yesterday. Hopefully we can get out to the garden center on Saturday to pick up our tomatoe plants and plants for my baskets. Other than that I hope to get a bit of scrappy time in. What’s everyone else up to?

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Plans?
        I’ll be in PA for DGD’s eighth birthday party tomorrow, then work and work for the rest of the weekend…
        Gotta pay for my scrappy goodies, right?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Have fun at the birthday party, Peggy! Dd and dgds just left. My son and a couple of his kids are coming tomorrow, to spend a week fixing fence. Good thing he knows how to cook, as I am leaving on Wednesday. So,I have tomorrow to pack and get my baking for branding done and in the freezer. I am really looking forward to camp! 😀. When I get back,my dd and dgds will already be here getting stuff done. We will have 4 days to finish getting ready! One of those days will be spent at a neighbor’s branding. Just call me crazy! LOL!!!

anniescraps
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

So sorry I have been MIA, it’s been a crazy ride…(((again)))
            My poor DH had to have emergency surgery, he was sepsis and I could have lost him. They had to put a stent into his kidney to drain infection. All this from kidney stones! So I’ve been extremely lost and running in circles.
            It’s been really rough since last April when he had to have surgery on his bicep that had to be reattached, then a cancer scare in October, surgery in December for me and then another surgery for my husband in March for prostate growth in the bladder and now THIS!!!
            Thank God he is ok now, but we are looking at another surgery. We are waiting for a date from the surgeon.
            Life is never without it’s moments but I’m sure tired of so many trials.

StephD
            StephD
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Wow Annie you sure have had your problems. I’m glad to hear your hubby is better and I hope his other surgey goes well.I will keep you & your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Peggy
              Peggy
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Annie, I’m so, so sorry to be reading this; and like you said, thank God that he’s on the mend.
                Please keep us updated as you can; I’ll keep both of you in my prayers <3

Kathi
                Kathi
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

annie, you and DH have really been thru the ringer. Hope the future is better for both of you….hugs!

take time to smell the roses

anniescraps
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thank you so much ladies! We did get a surgery date for next Friday the 9th.

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Thank you so much ladies! We did get a surgery date for next Friday the 9th.

That’s this Friday coming up – I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Annie. Please let us know how it turns out when you can. {{{hugs}}}

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Well, my Spring Grunge (love that name!) kit was here when I got home from work yesterday. I was dragging, but I certainly had enough energy to unpack, pet, and sort it all out.
                        Our promised beautiful weekend seems to be a wash – it looks like a day of on and off rain, not quite cats and dogs, but enough to remove any temptation to be outside – a perfect day to scrap!
                        I’ve selected and printed out my pictures; just need a little online catchup time and it’ll be time to play!!!!

Anyone else scrapping this weekend? I know that between Shenanigans, our lucky Campers will be getting some amazing things done!!!

Heather
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

big hug to you anne, very scary stuff there,

Peggy enjoy the great scrappy weather, what better to do than scrap

msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Wow, Annie, that is a lot! Hope his surgery went well.

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Just a bit of b!tc#ing and moaning – we tied a heat record yesterday and they’re calling for 98° today.
                              Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate the heat & humidity and even more, how I hate the a/c bill, which severely cuts into the scrappy $$$.

Who else is having impossible weather?

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Hi all I’m back from the mainland after 3 weeks. Busy time what with my DGD’s graduation and then my son’s wedding this past weekend. I know how you feel about the heat Peggy, it was the hotest day of the month on Saturday and the poor guys in their tux’s were sweating to death while they were all getting the photo’s done out in the gardens etc. I cried from the moment Angela walked down the isle to the end of all the speeches. I didn’t think I’d be so emotional, good thing my sister brought kleenex with her, lol. My DGD had told me before the wedding that she was doing a surprise for her Dad and Angela. Well the surprise was a heartfelt speech, there was not a dry eye in the house when she finished, she had my son in tears. It brings tears to my eyes just telling you this. I’ll be scrapping lots of photos thats for sure.

Peggy
                                Peggy
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Your FB photos were wonderful, Steph; you all had a beautiful wedding…

Well, the July 4th more or less weekend is here. Does anyone have the long, long weekend totally off?
                                  I’m taking a vacation week, technically starting tomorrow, but I requested today off, too.
                                  We’re driving down to middle son’s house today for a family cookout (I SHOULD be making the baked beans now, but I wanted to play online catch up first). Tomorrow, I’ll be driving up to my sister’s for a few days, coming home on Wednesday, then taking it easy for the rest of the week.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,616 through 6,630 (of 6,678 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.