Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements A Special Thank you to a Big Hearted Swirly Sister

This topic contains 36 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I wasn't sure if I Should thank Andie on the forums for what she has done. I thanked her privately and I don't know if she wanted her generosity to be private. But something inside me tells me that our Swirly Sisters should know the amazing and kind hearted deed that Andie has done.

I didn't get a bill for my Feb kit. Which was a good thing because I honestly didn't have the money. I emailed Krissy and asked her if she could send me an invoice because I didn't have enough money on my credit card to cover it. She sent me back an email saying that there was no need because one of my Swirly Sisters paid for my kit this month and to have a happy Thursday.
    I sat there in shock!

I normally do not air my problems in public. But this once, I am.

For the past few months my husband and I have been struggling financially. We had to install a new Electrical Panel, then a few weeks before Christmas our heating system stopped working and we had to pay 4500 for a new one, property taxes came due, and to add to that I have been having so many medical problems our medical bills have went thru the roof. I have never been one to say.. oh whoaa is me… I usually try to have a positive attitude and be thankful for what I have. Everyone has rough times at times in their life and I try to look at things and think this too shall pass.
    But on this particular day I was so down in the dumps. I had just finished going over the budget with my husband trying to determine who we could not pay this pay period. Our savings have went from (if something happened we'd be ok) to we have none. I have offered to stop my kits until we get caught up but my husband will not hear of it. He says that if I'm playing my scrap room I'm not thinking of my health problems and there is no way he will have that taken away from me.

When I got that email from Krissy it touched my heart and I just sat here at my computer and cried. I of course asked Krissy who did this. And when she told me I immediately sent Andi a pm and thanked her. I told her that I did not know how in the world she knew I was having problems.

She told me that she didn't know how to explain it but God told her to do it and she did.

This kit will be a very special kit. One that has touched my heart and made me stop and think of how much good there is our little scrappy world. For a Swirly Sister to just give as Andie has done is unheard of in this day and time.

Andie.. when ever I look at something that comes in this kit I will always remember the day you touched my heart and I will always remember how very kind hearted you are.

Our financial problems will be ok soon. In March when my husband gets his yearly bonus we will be able to catch up and actually put a little back in our savings. Thank goodness! And at this time, I plan to pay Andies kindness forward to some other swirly sister who may be needing a hand.

Again Andie, I want to thank you for what you have done and I hope you aren't upset at me for posting this. I just had to let all our sisters know of your kindness and to share with them this amazing side of you. You are an example to us all.
    Thank you so very much!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What a wonderfully generous thing!!!!
      Barbara, I, too, hope that Andie doesn't mind that you've shared this with the rest of us. You are right: she is an example to us all!!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Barbara, what a wonderful thing for you. Andie what an amazing thing to do. I'm not surprised, her sweet generous spirit shines thru.

Andie, please don't be mad about Barbara about posting this

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh my gosh! That's absolutley wonderful!! Barbara, I hope you medical problems will heal soon!

Andie, you're such a sweet lady!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

How wonderful! Andie, you are a DOLL!

Barbara, I hope things get better for you real soon!

Hugs to you both!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

What a wonderful story to read…I'm crying too!!! Andie you are an inspiration…Barbara, thanks for sharing…

Aww…that is wonderful!

Oh my my eyes are watering. This is such an inspirational story!!! Barbara I hope things get better quickly for you and Andie…way to go!!!
              I love this site and all of you who are in it!!! This has really touched me!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh how sweet. goes to show we do have angels among us. And Andie you are one sweetie!!!!!

What a wonderful to do Andie!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Barbara what a wonderful gift to get. Andie this was such a special thing for you to do for Barbara. They say angels are always among us and you are definitely one of them! I love this group!

What a thoughtful and kind hearted thing to do. Andie you are an angel on earth

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Oh Andi what a very special thing to do. It really is amazing how much such little things like this make such a huge impact on lives, especially when you're bogged down with medical issues too.
                    And Barbara i wish you all the very best that you begin to see a light from all your troubles – financial on top of medical stress can be so very draining.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Wow! What a special and wonderful thing to have done!
                      I hope your financial and medical stresses resolve themselves in the months to come! Hugs!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

In this day and age where everywhere you tu there is nothing but who is out for themselves it is wonderful to hear that someone (our dear Andie) has done something thoughtul for someone else.

God bless Andie
                        God bless Barbara and I pray your issues will be resolved soon
                        {{{{{HUGS}} to you both

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.