Home Forums Scrap Chat Pub Calls – Toots A teeny, tiny, toot

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Close to My Heart is having a regional convention in AB in Sept, which I have registered to go to. Unbeknown to me, they go searching through all the registrants' blogs to see what kind of work they do.

I received a letter from them praising my work and asking if I'd be one of 3 presenters during the weekend. They would send me some product to create some art projects with, and pay me too! Can you believe it??? The hard part for me would have been the 15 minute presentation to the conventioneers. (Is that a word? LOL) I was really floating on cloud 9.

I had to tu them down though, because I want to be available to go to all of Melanie's doctor appointments with her and I don't know if I'll still be able to attend the convention or not. Being asked was wonderful though, and it only happened because of all the wonderful techniques and other things that you all have taught me here on Swirlydoos! Thank you so much!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Awwwwwww Linda that is so wonderful for you! What an honor to be asked. Such a pity you can't take up the offer, but congrats girl you so deserve it!

It is so awesome that they asked you, Linda! I know how you want to be with your dd for all of the doctors appointments though!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Congrats on being selected even if you can't participate this time around.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

What wonderful news Linda even though you are not able to make it. Bet you are riding high at the moment! Well done. I am sure there will be another time.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Linda, too bad that you can't participate, but WOW, congratulations on being ASKED!!!! That's awesome!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Linda, that is sooo awesome they asked you!!! I'm sure there will be another time more convenient for you! Congrats!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

That is so cool, and deserving of more than a teeny, tiny, toot!!! It's a shame you aren't able to attend, but I can completely understand why you can't. I hope that all goes well with your daughter and continue to pray for her.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Congrats honey!!

Congrats on being asked Linda. That is awesome. They've got you in sight hon… so I bet there will come another better timed invitation.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

You go GIRL!!! That is AWESOME!!! What an HONOR to be chosen!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Congrats on being asked, thats a big toot right by itself!!!!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

congrats and that is such a cool honor!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Congrats on being asked. Sorry you can't do the presentation. Hope things go well with dd.

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Linda, that is awesome! Sorry it's bad timing for you though. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.