Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff A Tribute to Kevin

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

As most of you know, my son was struck by a suicide bomber three years ago to the day on Tuesday. How fitting that it's also Memorial Day weekend, as it was then too.

I decided yesterday to put together a video slide-show chronicling what life has been like for us. I hope you guys don't mind, but I wanted to post it here as this is the only site I really frequent. I do want to say that if you are squeamish or faint-hearted, this would not be a good video to watch.

I just want to also say Thank you to all that served! and thanks for being so patient with the person who always reads, but rarely posts.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I watched it and it was an amazing slide show of his life so far….yes ty to all the served!!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

omg!!!!!!! I just watched and I am trying to keep the tears back so I can type this! I have never seen anyone with such a positive out look on life!!! He is happy, even in the midst of tragedy. What that boy went through must have been sheer hell, and that's an understatement, I can't even imagine!! To have a smile on his face through it all can only mean one thing…he knows something!!!

He knows he is loved. If someone were to ask me what love looks like, I would show them this video and say it's in the spirit of this young man, his family and his friends.

He knows he is brave. If someone were to ask me what sacrifice is, I would show them this video, and let them see the face of victory.

He knows he is supported. If someone were to ask me what family is all about, I would show them this video so they could see how families are supposed to be.

His has faith. If someone were to ask me what faith looks like, I would show them this video, so they could see that faith sometimes takes time.

He loves his country. If someone were to ask me what freedom means, I would show them this video.

To say Thank You to Kevin almost seems too simple, but I will say it anyway…Kevin, THANK YOU!!!

Leslie – I watched it and cried.
          Your love for your son is shining through all the way.

memorial-day.jpg

Leslie, that is such an amazing video, and Kevin is one amazing young man!! You did a beautiful job putting the video together.
          A simple thank you never seems to be quite enough when you are thanking someone who almost lost his life defending the country for his people.
          A simple thank you are words that must be spoken from the heart.
          A simple thank you is all that the servicemen need to hear on a daily basis to survive.
          Know that they are not forgotten. And on Memorial Day Weekend, we should all pray for the ones who were, and the ones who are, continuing this fight.
          Thank you Kevin for honoring us with your fight. We will continue to fight for you. God Bless. And thank you Leslie for sharing your story with us. You are a one hell of a momma!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Thank you so much for sharing that Leslie. That photo of you lying in the hospital bed with him really hit me; a mother's love is endless. My heart is broken and happy all at the same time. Now, if I could just stop crying so I could type….

What a bright a loving soul he is; to endure so much and still smile says a lot about what is really important in life.

Your family is so loving and it looks like you were also surrounded by loving angels in the hospital. Thank God.

Thank God for Kevin, for without people like him who knows where we would be today.

My undying gratitude and love go to him and to your family for their sacrifice as well. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing that Leslie. Your family is very courageous.
            I also thank you for the reminder that freedom isn't free. Something we forget in our everyday lives.
            God bless you all and THANK YOU KEVIN for keeping us free and safe!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

WOWOWOWOWOW…..

I don't know what to add….. after what's been said…. Leslie, you are everything a mother should be….

Thank you Kevin, without men like you the rest of us wouldn't have the lives we do….

Thank you everyone who has served!!!

Home of the Free, because of the Brave

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Leslie, I've posted a bit on the LOTW thread. The above ladies have said it all so much better that I can…

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

God Bless America and all the brave men and women willing to put their lives on the line to defend this great country.

God Bless Kevin and you leslie!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

That was such a touching tribute, and I am completely overwhelmed with compassion and admiration for your family. Your son is a hero and you must me proud of his perseverance and character. Wow. Truly amazing. I actually think I recognized one of the young soldiers in the group photo. He looked exactly like my good friend's son, Woody Rose. He's actually serving again in Afghanistan right now. God Bless you, your son, your family and all who sacrifice so much. It's so easy to forget the struggles of others.

I wish everyone in American could see this touching pictorial of a brave hero and the struggle he and his family have gone through to keep our Country free. There are no words to express my emotions as I viewed Kevin's life from a carefree boy into a true American hero. Your courageous son has been through hell and has emerged victorious. I am touched by the fact that Kevin has never lost his valliant spirit through all the terrible moments of his life. He is truly a study in strength, courage and love. May God continue to bless your family…and especially Kevin. Thank you, Kevin, for all you have sacrificed for us. We are truly humbled and eteally grateful for all you have given for us.
                    God bless America!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Leslie, thank you for sharing this with us! Watching and holding back tears, there is no words to express…God Bless Kevin and you family!! Thank you Kevin for serving our country!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Leslie, I posted more in the LO of the week thread. YOU and Kevin are my heros. Kevin is an obvious hero – but YOU my Dear, are every bit as heroic and honorable, grace-filled, inspiring and brave. Never forget that.
                      Bravery genes must run high in your family for certain.

know too, that I include you and Kevin in my daily prayers as well as his buddies and service people.
                      I am most thankful for our Military, past and present and the amazing support from family and loved ones.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It's been a pretty rough weekend – mostly I just cried. I have probably watched this video 70 times and each time I see a different photo and feel a different emotion. Sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes relief that he's still alive, fear of the future, anger, awe, pride…I could go on and on. Tomorrow is Kevin's ALIVE DAY and I am hoping to just be able to smile and celebrate. We are visiting the Bu Unit here at the military hospital and the staff there is like family so all should be good.

Anyway, thanks again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.