Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements A West Coast B&B

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I just found out from one of our LSS that there is a B&B here on Vancouver Island in Qualicum Beach that caters to crafters, groups up to 12 people. Here's the link to the website if anyone is interested in having a peek. http://www.wyldflower.ca I wonder if we have enough people on this side of North America that we could do something like Camp Swirlydoos here?

My MIL lives really close to there in Parksville… unfortunately I am about 14 hours away (by car).

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

That looks lovely. I've often thought how fun it would be to have a retreat!

wow – NICE – that's one i could do for sure!!

we might even be able to get Angelica there too, she isn't far now ;)

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

My MIL lives really close to there in Parksville… unfortunately I am about 14 hours away (by car).

Parksville and Qualicum are right next door to one another. You could always talk your dh into a family vacation to visit them and then sneak away for a couple of days!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Shell where are you and Angelica located? Rae are you in Colarado?

I live in Cloverdale, and I think Angelica is just south of Seattle.
            and Rae is a neighbourhood away from Krissy ;)

Ang is clear across the state from Seattle; she lives in Walla Walla. I'm in Yakima, which is roghly midway between her and Seattle.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh how fun!!! Yay west coasters!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh this would be so much fun to organize. I know other than 1 or two spots available this month (June) there really isn't a whole lot of spots available until Sept '13 when she starts back up again. But if enough of you are interested I am more than happy to organize it from this end

So any of you in the Washington area, you could always do the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria and then the drive to Qualicum is about 2 hours. Shell you could even catch the ferry in Tsawwassen to Nanaimo and Qualicum is like 20 minutes from Duke Point in Nanaimo where the ferry comes in. This would be so much fun to do! Even the Fall can be nice here on the Island.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Even Vicky & Linda who are near Calgary, Alberta could fly WestJet airlines to Comox, BC and I could pick them up to drive down to Qualicum

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

This looks like a dream. Steph, I hope you can organize a mini camp, they're so much fun and it's wonderful being with fellow Savages in person. Fingers crossed that you can do this!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

OMG!! That what a beautiful place!! I live in South East WA. Would I need a passport? Never been out of the US..lol!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Yes, you need a passport. I need to get one at some point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.